What's Happening ?? !!
~ Hawley Newsletter ~ October 20, 2017 ~
From the Desk of Mr. Moretti
Dear Hawley Parents/Guardians,
Here's What's Happening at Hawley.......
- Tuesday, October 24 - Friday, October 27 are Early Dismissal Days for Parent-Teacher Conferences. Students will be dismisses at 1:37 PM.
- All next week the Hawley PTA Book Fair is up and running. Students will be able to buy books during their Library Class, so if you want your child to buy books that is the day to send in money. The Book Fair is also open for parents to come with their child to shop and buy books. Click HERE for more information and hours.
- Thursday, October 26, the Fathers' Club is having a Pumpkin Carving. This annual event is fun and a great activity for parents and students to do together. Still room- click HERE for more information.
- November 14 is Picture Re-Take Day.
- We had a very successful Lock In Drill this past week. Staff and students did a great job as we continue to practice a variety of safety drills throughout the year.
- Hawley Spirit Day was Terrific! It was great seeing all the different Hawley Wear accoutrements ;0)
- We will be tweaking some dismissal procedures in an attempt to get students home a little earlier. For the next few days please be at bus stops 5 minutes earlier so you are there and students are not returned to school. Thank you for your support.
PTA Monster Mash
A Message From Mrs. Wasley....
The start of the year is going great in the library. Students are eager and engaged as they learn more and more about what a library has to offer! I appreciate your support of our programming, through volunteering in the library, participating in Birthday Book and Board Club, and reading often with your little ones!
Students are learning all that is required in great book care, including: keeping books away from little siblings and hungry pets, turning pages with care and keeping our books away from drinks and food. Please help reinforce these ideas at home. Please help your child find a safe spot for their books, as well as make sure books are away from food and drink. A number of books have come back to the library in the last week or two with wet pages, from spilled water bottles in backpacks. If you could put library books in a ziplock bag to protect against spills, that would be great.
Damaged books often have to be repaired or replaced, with onus on the child’s parents. Please help us in protecting our materials. I’ll continue to reiterate these same ideas in the library :)
Thank You so much for all your support!
Fire Prevention Day
Dates to Remember
*Mon, 10/23-Fri, 10/27: PTA Book Fair
*Tues, 10/24-Fri, 10/27: Early Release Days- Parent-Teacher Conferences (10/26- evening conferences)
*Thurs, 10/26: Fathers' Club Pumpkin Carving, 6:00-7:30 PM, Gym
*Mon, 11/6: PTA Monster Mash
*Tues, 11/7: NO SCHOOL- Election Day
*Tues, 11/14: Picture Retake Day