Jacobsburg Environmental Center
Picnic & Watershed Program
Jacobsburg Environmental Education Center
Friday, Oct. 10th, 11am-1pm
400 Belfast Rd
- Meeting place- Pavilion : We will park at the visitor's center and walk across the street to the pavilion.-** We will meet the students at the pavilion across from the parking lot at 400 Belfast Rd.
- Additional Directions: http://dcnr.state.pa.us/cs/groups/public/documents/document/dcnr_004253.pdf
- Please remember to bring your lunch and drink.
- Please feel free to bring a dish to offer for our share table. Many parents enjoy bringing a salad or dessert to share.
- In consideration of those with allergies, please refrain from bringing any nut products and latex items. Pets and smoking are prohibited at all school events
Purpose of Outing: Educational & Social
- The students will be able to identify at least 5 different macroinvertebrates
- The students will understand and be able to explain how circumstances in the watershed affect the creatures living there
- The students will be able to describe how they can take personal responsibility to protect the watershed
- OLS hours: Language Arts 30 minutes; Science 90 minutes
1. In consideration of our students with serious allergies, please refrain from bringing nut (food) products or balloons.
2. As always, to limit the spread of possible flu, please do not attend a PA Virtual event if you have had a fever within 24 hours of the event.
3. For safety: All students need to be accompanied by a parent, learning coach or other designated adult. All students must wear shoes/sneakers for the entire school event and please refrain from bringing pets.
4. If there is a possibility of severe weather, please check Blackboard the day of the event in case of cancellation due to weather.
5. All PA Virtual events are tobacco free. Please do not smoke near or around any children or the outing facility.
Please RSVP by Oct. 6th
Please RSVP to Kim Salerno at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Dana Ciccotti at email@example.com
1) Student name, grade, homeroom teacher’s name
2) Parent bringing Student
3) Additional people: (name & age/grade (if child), or name of adult.)
4) Total in Group
5) Any serious allergies or medical conditions that I should be reminded about?
6) Is this your first year at PA Virtual?