Fife High News
Remote Learning and Shutdown Update Edition
FHS Info and News for the week of 6/8/20
The next two weeks will bring a lot of different activities both on and off campus. This week is called, "Senior Week," with a different celebration videos being launched each day. Be sure to check them out each night at tinyurl.com/fife2020
Senior check in days continue this week. Seniors will be turning in materials, chromebooks, pay any outstanding account balances, etc. Please see below for more information about this.
Seniors, yearbook distribution WAS scheduled for Friday the 12th, but this has been changed to Thursday June 18. The shipping of the book was delayed due to COVID, but thankfully we will be getting it soon (we are one of the only schools in the area getting their yearbook before August!) Please see more information below. 10th and 11th grade yearbook distribution is STILL scheduled for June 19 (more details on this will come soon). Calendar Link
Looking ahead, next Sunday June 14th we will have information for 10th and 11th grade yearbook distribution (which is Friday June 19). We will also have information for seniors on the Senior Caravan through Fife and Milton on June 20th as well as diploma pick up, and the video graduation ceremony.
Make it a great week!
Table of Contents
2. Senior Check in Information
3. Senior Transcript Request Form (so your transcript is sent to your college)
3. Senior Celebration Week!
4. Senior Yearbook Distribution
5. Cheer tryout information for next year's team
6. Drama Departments Academy Awards Video
7. Congrats to our Emmy Award Winners!
8. Summer School Information
End of Year Assignments Due Dates!
Seniors: ALL assignments for Seniors must be submitted by 3PM on Monday June 8th.
Last day of Zoom classes for Soph's and Juniors 6/11
Soph/Juniors: ALL assignments must be submitted by 3PM on Tuesday June 16th.
Senior Check In Days and Information
Attention Seniors: Senior final check continues this week! This will allow seniors to check-in books and Chromebooks or turn in any materials checked out to them. Students are assigned a specific time to report to school over a three day period. To see your assigned time and to get details see link below: LINK to INFO
It's Senior Celebration Week!
Cheer Tryout Information
Interested in trying out for Cheer, see this link for information packet and application.
Cheer Candidates: Signup on FamilyID at https://www.familyid.com/fife-high-school/updated-cheer-2020-2021
Signups will run until June 19th. Contact Coach Calhoun through email if you have questions.
Routine and jumps will be shared out to candidates on June 20th with the anticipation of an in-person performance during the week of July 20-24. Dates subject to change based on reopen phase for Pierce County.
Fife Takes Home Emmy Award!
Congratulations to Alonzo Walker and Jade Cupples for winning a student Emmy Award for their story on Brynna Nixon's historic touchdown pass. Hundreds of schools across the Northwest compete for these awards, it is the first time Fife has won since 2013!
You can see the Emmy Award presentation here: https://www.natasnw.org/ (Scroll down to the student awards video). Alonzo and Jade's video is the first one announced.
Alonzo Walker and Jades Brynna Nixon Story:
Drama Department... Academy Awards 2020!
In Case You Missed IT!
Updated Event Calendar for June
Please click on the link to see the updated event calendar for May and June. This includes:
- Graduation Dates and celebration events
- Video Celebrations
- Material Turn in
- Yearbook Distribution Dates: NOTE: There was a change made for senior yearbooks!
- Last days of instruction
- Senior Checkout
Fife High School STEAM Center for Innovation
Welcome to the Fife STEAM Center of Innovation!
The STEAM Center will soon begin construction at the high school, it will be built where are portables currently sit. Construction noise and temporary loss of some parking will soon be our new normal for the next year, but it will be well worth it; mid way through the 2021-22 school year we will open this new facility. The STEAM center will be the home of:
- A student cafe and store
- Video and Film Productions
- Art Studio
- Graphic Arts
- Science Labs
Have a student entering Kindergarten?
Want to buy a yearbook?
1. Click this link: https://wa-fife.intouchreceipting.com/
3. Select student's name
4. Under "Shop" select "Items at your students school"
5. The Yearbook button is the Last item to the right
Do you Understand Fife's Covid Grading Policy?
Need Tech Support?
If you need help with a student Chromebook or with one of the online services being used for learning, you have several options to request help:
- Visit the Fife Technology Dept website and fill out an online form to request help (this is preferred). - or -
- Call the district at 253-517-1000 and leave a message with contact information and a description of the problem. - or -
- a member of the technology team will contact you.
- FHS staff will be calling or emailing those families who we have heard need tech support to follow up with you as well and can assist you with submitting the request form