The Buzz at Westbrook School
October 16, 2020
From the Principal's Office:
Dear Westbrook Families,
We are excited to share that Kristin Vonder Haar, Westbrook Principal, had her baby! She gave birth to a little girl named Mae Evelyn. Both mother and baby are doing well! Congratulations and welcome to baby VonderHaar.
While Kristin is on maternity leave, Dr. Susan Woodrow will be filling in for her. Dr. Woodrow most recently served as the Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction in District 57. She is excited to join the Westbrook family! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Dr. Woodrow at email@example.com or 847.394.7340x2012. Thank you!
Golden Apple Nominations
Is there a Pre-K-3rd grade teacher at Westbrook who you feel deserves recognition for superior service to the Westbrook Community? We invite you to please nominate her/him for a Golden Apple Award today!
To be eligible for the 2020 Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Teaching, teachers must be actively teaching full-time in a Pre-K-3rd grade class and have served for a minimum of five years. This year, 10 award recipients will each receive a $5,000 cash reward, experience a spring quarter sabbatical at Northwestern University, and become a lifetime Fellow of the Golden Apple Academy of Educators.
Follow Us on Twitter and Instagram
Please follow us on Twitter and Instagram! Our username is: westbrook_school_d57.
Have a wonderful weekend!
The Westbrook School Office
District Meal Purchase Program
Dear District 57 community:
Our district is offering a purchase meal program for all of our families during remote learning. Quest Food Management Services has re-opened the kitchen and has made modifications to the program to ensure safe serving. The menu has been modified and will include pre-packed meals for distribution for each school in District 57. Cold entrees will be offered; you will also have the choice to pre order a la carte items.
Pre- Ordering with My Meal Order
Quest has made modifications to ensure your meal is served in the safest and freshest way possible. Because meals will be primarily served in a remote environment, the District is using an online ordering system (My Meal Order). Below are the steps for ordering weekly A la carte options.
Anyone in our district will have the capability to order lunch and A la Carte items off of a new ordering platform.
• Please create an account with My Meal Order – Instruction attached. This will allow you to select the daily meals and/or a la carte options.
• Meal orders must be submitted by Thursday at Midnight for the next week.
• You will be required to create an account and transactions will happen at the point of order.
• It is highly recommended that the “low balance” notification is set up for your My Meal order account to ensure continuous food service. Insufficient funds will result in delayed ordering and may result in your order for the next week not being processed.
Meal Distribution will take place at Lincoln Middle School in D57 between 11:10-12:50pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week
• Orders for Tuesdays will be picked up Tuesday at Lincoln Middle School
• Orders for Thursday will be picked up Thursday at Lincoln Middle School
• Meals will be labeled with the student’s name and ID number
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Quest’s District Manager, Anthony Ferrazzuolo, at firstname.lastname@example.org or, Food Service Director at District 57. Donna Niesen at Donna.Niesen@questfms.com