Buffalo Family Bulletin
Connect with Us
- School website: http://blackshear.kleinisd.net/
- Follow us on Twitter: @BlackshearKISD
- Follow our school hashtag on Twitter: #HaveUHerdKISD
- Follow us on Facebook
- View a full catalog of our online flyers on the Blackshear Peachjar page
- Have you ever wondered about our school procedures? Click here for a parent reference guide.
- Inclement Weather Dismissal Procedures
News and Reminders
- Families must complete the annual Skyward update for every student. This will be available on August 1st through Skyward Family Access. This must be completed for each student prior to students being assigned a homeroom, per district guidelines.
- Parent Volunteers: Klein ISD has transitioned to a new electronic volunteer system which requires annual background checks. Please visit this website for more information and to re-submit your background check for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Lexia Core5 Access: Student access was temporarily interrupted this morning (8/1) but has been restored. You may have to log back in.
- Back to School Bash: Join us on the playground on August 8th from 4-5 p.m. for snow cones and a fun time with friends, PTO, and Blackshear staff!
- Meet the Teacher is on August 15th from 10 a.m. - noon! Teacher assignments will be posted in multiple places inside the school on that day. We will also have multiple things going on in the cafeteria such as adding money to lunch accounts, ordering supplies and t-shirts, getting your carpool number, obtaining information about your bus route, Campus Kids, etc. If you are unable to attend Meet the Teacher, class assignments will be posted in Skyward Family Access.
- Carpool Tags: We encourage every family to pick up a carpool tag, even if your student will be a car rider only on rare occasions. Students are not dismissed to a car unless the driver can show the official tag. All students will be assigned a new carpool number and the color of the tags will change.
- Car Rider during the first week: As typical, please expect significant delays during the first week of school as our students remember the procedures and learn their new numbers. We promise it will be running smoothly very soon! Please help your students learn their numbers as quickly as possible in order to shorten the delays, and please be patient with our school staff who are working diligently to get your students home as safely and efficiently as possible.
- First Day Arrival: We welcome families to walk their students to classrooms during the first 3 days of school. Beginning on the 4th day, feel free to walk your students into the front entry, but we will assist them in finding their ways to class.
- 2019-2020 School Hours: 8:10-3:25 - Breakfast drop off is at 7:30 and all other car rider drop offs may begin at 7:45.
- Absences: Please send a note (doctor or parent) within 5 days of your student returning to school. Notes may be turned in to the teacher or office, emailed to the teacher or office staff, or submitted through Skyward Family Access.
- Lunch visitors: In order to accommodate all of our students in the cafeteria, we will continue assigned lunch visitor days. Please view this schedule for your assigned grade level day(s). We understand and welcome exceptions, such as birthdays and out of town family members, etc. We just ask that these exceptions be cleared in advance by an administrator, by calling the front office and speaking to a secretary.
- Peach Jar: Please make sure that you are receiving electronic flyers, as that is our primary source of communication again this year. If you are not currently receiving them, visit their website and sign up manually. You can also opt out of certain types of flyers to lesson the number coming to your inbox. We suggest you at least accept school and PTO flyers so that you don't miss any important news.
Please check school website for additional dates, as they are subject to change
- August 1-16: Skyward Annual Student Information Update (required for all current students including Kindergarteners enrolled at Kindergarten Roundup)
- August 8: Snow Cone Playground Party (4-5 p.m.)
- August 15: MEET THE TEACHER (10 a.m. - 12 p.m.)
- August 19: FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
- August 19: PTO new parent/family breakfast
- September 2: Labor Day Holiday
- September 3: Big Kahuna Fall Fundraiser kicks off
- September 7: Community Workout - Blackshear Gym (8:30-9:15 a.m.)
- September 9: Chick Fil-A Spirit Night
- September 10: Watch D.O.G. Orientation Pizza Nigt (6-7 p.m. in the cafeteria)
- September 17: Progress Reports available in Skyward Family Access
- September 17: PK-2 Parent Information Night (6:00-7:30)
- September 18: 3-5 Parent Information Night (6:00-7:30)
- September 24: Big Kahuna order forms due
- September 28: Unplug and Reconnect Family Picnic - Blackshear Playground