NRESC & The Phoenix
October Group Instruction
It's hard to believe we're halfway through October! Students review the number of sessions we've been in school and how far away we are from our 100th day. During Language Arts, students are reviewing The Best Halloween Ever by Barbara Robinson. Cross-curricular activities include researching the following current events: Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile, Nemo's Garden, and The Albuquerque Mexico Balloon Festival.
An Autumn Greeting
"Come," said the Wind to the Leaves one day. "Come over the meadow and we will play. Put on your dresses of red and gold. For summer is gone and the days grow cold".
Non-Traditional October Holidays
Pumpkin Pie Slime (Non-edible)
- 1 C white glue
- 1/4 C water
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3-5 drops of orange food coloring
- 1tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 T saline solution
- Put glue, water, baking soda, food coloring, and spice into a bowl. Stir.
- Add saline solution to the mixture in the bowl.
- Stir until the mixture forms a ball.
- Remove the mixture and use your hands to knead until it is not sticky.
- Store slime in a zip-top bag.
Nancy Finelli, Supervisor of Special and Non-public Services