What's Happening at Midtown
Good afternoon, Midtown family!
I want to thank all parents for a wonderful school year. Midtown had a wonderful first year and we are looking forward to many years with your families! Thank you for your support throughout this first year. We are so proud of our Wildcats!
Please see the carline map below with reminders for procedures. These rules are in place to keep all students safe. We truly appreciate your help with this! Friendly reminder that the only appropriate drop off spot in the morning is through carline.
- Please click here to fill out an end of the year survey. It is extremely important and helps our Midtown staff with planning. Thank you!
- Please see attached medication information from Nurse Aimee. This is very important!
- Grades K-2 Parents: If at all possible, please put an extra change of clothes in your child's backpack. Our clinic is running low. Thank you!
- Fifth Grade Awards Day will be tomorrow, May 23rd at 9:00AM. Please enter through the front doors-facing Wall Triana. Thank you!
- Chromebooks will be sent home with all students over the summer. Please see attached information on how to properly care for the devices.
- May 25th is the last day for students and is a half day. We will dismiss at 11:00am.
- Report Cards will go home on May 25th for all grades.
- Please see the attached information regarding School Supply Kits for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Please see the Madison City Schools Elementary Summer Slide information attached. This is a wonderful option to complete during the summer. Please let me know if you have any questions about this.
- Exciting news! We are now able to allow parents to come in to have lunch with their child beginning this week. You MUST sign up on the sign up genius to attend. We have had some parents not sign up which leads to there not being enough space for all parents and students. Thank you for your help with this. Please only sign up once per nine weeks in an effort to give all families an opportunity. Please also understand this is only for lunch. Please sign in the front office, meet your child in the cafeteria, and then exit out the front office after lunch. Click here to sign up. Please email Mrs. Demeester if you have any questions about this. Thank you!
- Community Summer Camps and Activities near Madison
When sending information from our messenger platform, it is a no reply email address. If you need to contact me, please use this address: email@example.com
- If you would like to volunteer or chaperone on any field trips this year, please complete the background check located here: Background Check Link
- Any absences require a note sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please make all transportation changes before 1:45 p.m. on that day.
- Please see all social media information below so that you can see the happenings of Midtown Elementary!
- Please make sure that if you are picking up work, no one that has been a direct contact of Covid should pick up the work. Thank you!
- Due to Covid, if you are wanting to celebrate your child's birthday please only send in a prepackaged snack or non-edible treat. It would be helpful if your child could bring this in. If they are a younger student and cannot carry, please let us know and we will work with you. We are not allowing any cupcakes at this time. Thank you!
- Please do not drop off outside lunches from fast food restaurants. Thank you.
Walkers: Please make sure you live in the neighborhoods surrounding the school such as Cottonwood or Park Meadow to be a walker. Please do not pick up from April Dawn Drive if you do not reside in Cottonwood. We would like to discourage any families that are using the Kroger parking lot as a drop off and/or pick up. The crossing guard is allowing the students to cross Wall Triana, therefore we do not feel this Kroger option is safe. Thank you for your understanding of this.
- Morning car line is from 7:10-7:40. Class begins at 7:40, so please arrive no later than 7:38. Please have your child sit on the right side of the vehicle and be ready to exit the vehicle as soon as the cars stop within the loop. If the student is able to get out of the vehicle once the cars are stopped and the staff gives the signal, we would like to highly encourage them to do so. Please drive with purpose as the staff is waving you forward. In the morning carline, the cone at the end signals the last car to let out. Please do not let your child out if your car is behind this cone. Thank you for your help!
- Afternoon dismissal is at 2:40.
Please let me know if I can help in any way. Have a wonderful week.
*When sending information from our messenger platform, it is a no reply email address. If you need to contact me, please use the address below.