WOMS Wolverine Newsletter
February 6, 2024
Mark your calendar
February 6 - Val-O-Grams sold at lunches for $1 each
February 8 - Val-O-Grams sold at lunches for $1 each
February 8 - 8th grade Springwater Trail HS Recruitment Assembly
February 12-16 - Spirit Week
February 12 - 16 - Food Drive!
February 13 - PTC at West Orient starting at 6:30 pm
February 19 - President's Day - No School
Our Annual Kindness Challenge Fundraiser has begun!
A few years ago, the PTC and School team decided that they wanted to shift the fundraising focus. The goal was to help students see ways they could support their school and community through acts of kindness. Students are asked to create a list of the acts they are working on and then reach out to friends and family to sponsor them. Raise Craze took the place of selling cookies, wrapping paper, and all of the sales of the past which tended to be overpriced and had a much lower percent returning to the PTC and school.
We hope our families and community will continue to support our students as they go about their work in the community. Please take a moment to help your student get their Dashboard set up and add emails of people that may want to support! If you have questions, please ask your student's advisory teacher.
Below you will find a link to the the recent Gresham Outlook article about our school.
Mark you calendars for the following dates:
Jan 29 - Feb 2 (Information shared and account set up in Advisory)
Feb 5-23 (Launch fundraiser and competitions)
Feb 26- Mar 1 (Student collection only)
Springwater Trail High School Open House
Springwater Trail High School will have their Open House on February 21st from 6:00 - 7:00 PM. Applications for incoming 9th graders (our 8th grade students) are due on March 15th by 3:00 PM.
For more information about their programming and lottery process, please reach out to their main office.
Immunization Clinics - Exclusion Day is February 21st
Immunization Exclusion Day - February 21, 2024
It’s that time of year to get your student up to date with their Required Immunizations for the 2023-2024 school year! Exclusion day is February 21st, 2024. Students that have not met the state requirements for immunizations will not be allowed to attend school starting on Wednesday, February 21st until they provide necessary immunization documentation to the office.
You can email your updated immunization records to Tamara Cochran at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to contact the office for any questions at (503) 663-3323.
Students are able to get required vaccinations by accessing local health centers. Locations can be found by following this link: Multnomah County School-based Student Health Centers
Spectator Expectations for Girls Basketball
Looking for Donations for PAWS Store - thanks to those who donated already!
Our students have been earning lots of PAWS and look forward to spending them at our PAWS store during lunches. We are looking for donations to help us supply the store throughout the year.
If you are able, please purchase any of the items below and drop them by the office:
- Goldfish - individual bags
- Gatorade - small size
- Croc Charms
- Granola bars
- Jolly ranchers
- Small chocolates (kisses)
- Takis - individual bags
Thank you for all the ways you support us at West Orient!
A few reminders for families
- If your student has medication needs during the school day, an adult is required to bring in the medication in the original container. Students may not transport medication themselves.
- Bus riders, please be outside and ready for the bus ten minutes prior to pick up time. Delays in arrival home should be expected for the first few weeks.
- If your student plans to ride home on a different bus, please send a note with your student. The note must be turned in at the front office for approval.
- Please make sure your student has money deposited in their lunch account. Free and reduced applications are available online or in our office. Breakfast is free for all students.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own reusable water bottle and a snack to school each day.