Leonardo da Vinci
- Leonardo was born April 15, 1452 in Vinci, Italy.
- He was raised in Vinci and spent most of his life in Italy working for other people and his own work
- He studied with his father's friend Verrochio for many years
- Leonardo was "good-looking and had unusual physical strength and a quick intelligence"
- Mostly Leonardo created paintings
- His patrons were Medici, Ludovico Sforza, and Cesare Borgia
This is a painting called The Last Supper. This piece was started in 1495 and finished in 1498. You would find this painting in the Santa Maria delle Grazle in Milan, Italy. I think what's significant about this piece is how Leonardo da Vinci humanized the from the scene by showing emotions. I find this piece interesting because of the 3D features that he painted onto this painting. He really made the room seem like a three dimensional room. This exemplifies humanism because da Vinci did not paint Jesus and his apostles with haloes like most artists did and I think the reason for this was because he was trying to show that humans are the most important things therefore expressing humanism. Also the characters were showing lots of emotion which also exemplifies humanism because he made the characters have human traits.
"Leonardo da Vinci." Authors and Artists for Young Adults. Vol. 40. Detroit: Gale, 2001. Biography in Context. Web. 18 Nov. 2013.
Attributed to, Giovanni Pietro da Birago; Designer: after, Leonardo da Vinci, Italian, Vinci 1452 - 1519 Clos-Lucé (Cloux; near Amboise) The Last Supper, with a Spaniel ca. 1500 The Metropolitan Museum of Art;http://www.metmuseum.org ARTstor MMA_IAP_10310749687 http://library.artstor.org/library/secure/ViewImages?id=%2FDFMaiMuOztdLS04ejp5SXYnUA%3D%3D