Week at a Glance
Do we really only have 10 more school days before winter break? Yikes! Time just flies by. I have lots on my to do list this weekend including Christmas card making, Christmas gift shopping, and finishing fall clean up along with all the regular weekend stuff. I'm glad the weather is supposed to be decent because I'd like to get my Christmas lights strung outside too.
During the busy holiday shopping, I like to shop at night. Most people go out early in the day and the lines get long at stores. I'd rather spend that time doing something else that is more productive and waiting to shop at night when the lines are a lot shorter. It keeps shopping enjoyable that way! I also like to just take my time shopping; I enjoy looking at all the different items that are available at the holidays that aren't necessarily so during the rest of the year.
Last weekend we celebrated my nephew's birthday. He turned 7 this past Wednesday. It's always been fun to watch him open his birthday gifts over the years and the expression that he shows when doing so. This year manners were in full force. After each gift he opened, he would say, "Thank you, Aunt Karen. I appreciate your gift. It is so cool!" or "Thank you, Nana. I love, love your gift and you!" Ah . . . love that kid!
- 7:30 a.m.--whole group collaboration & staff meeting--NCA self-assessment, ISTEP info, & supply/equipment needs, Success/Intervention time
- 11:50 a.m.--gr. 1 data meeting
- 3:15 p.m.--case conference--Lucinda, Beth M., & Karen
- 5:45 p.m.--PAC sets up for bake sale
- 6:30 p.m.--winter music program--gr. 1, 3, 5
- fire drill
- Blue Ribbon incentive luncheon/snack in MP room --for gr. 2-6
- 2:00 p.m.--Karen meets with "CPI" kids in MP room
- 2:50 p.m.--RTI--gr. 1
- 6:00-7:30 p.m.--girls basketball practice
- 6:00-8:00 p.m.--NEHS bell ringing
- 7:30 a.m.--gr. 5 data meeting
- 9:30 a.m.--gr. 2 data meeting
- 10:30 a.m.--gr. 3 data meeting
- 2:50 p.m.--NWEA training for gr. 2-6 in MP room--Bring laptops.
- 3:40 p.m.--parent meeting--Janelle, Jessica W., Josh?, & Karen
- 6:00-7:30 p.m.--archery practice
- 7:30 a.m.--CPI team meeting
- 8:00 a.m.--parent meeting--Erin M. & Karen
- 8:30 a.m.--Student of the Week nominations due
- noon--staffing--Josh, Karen, Katy, Chelsie, Erin M., Deb, Beth S.
- 1:00 p.m.--meeting--Karen & Josh
- 3:30 p.m.--district PD--standards based grading--part 3
- UGLY SWEATER FRIDAY!!!!
- 7:40 a.m.--ugly sweater photo op in main lobby
- Karen gone for PBIS conference in Indy
- MONDAY'S SCHEDULE: Music and PE will be on a two-hour delay schedule to allow Kim an opportunity to practice for the music program with the students in the morning. Please see the schedule below.
- BLUE RIBBON LUNCHEON/SNACK: Grade 2-6 teachers should look for an email from me this weekend regarding the final details of the Blue Ribbon incentive lunch/snack as well as the final list of students. I will need to use the multi-purpose room from about 11:00-12:30 p.m. on Tuesday for the activity.
- CPI KIDDOS: Thank you all for sending me names of students that can assist in an emergency. Please send them to the multi-purpose room at 2 p.m. on Tuesday so that I can review procedures with them.
- UGLY SWEATER: Don't forget to wear your favorite (ugly) holiday sweater on Friday! A group photo will be taken at 7:40 a.m. in the main lobby. :-)