By: Aaron Jones
- Concentrating vs hearing
- Eliminate distractions
- Concentrate on what is being said not the ability of the speaker
Repeat Message back to determine understanding
- Successful communication is when listener receives the same message as speaker intended.
- Rephrase the statement to confirm speakers intention.
Sharing the role of speaking and listening
- Focus on the message and not the message you are going to deliver.
- Do not ignore the speaker.
- For important information you will need to know in the future
- Focus on key terms
- Do not try to write every word
- Write down concerns or questions
- Do not interrupt
- Ask at appropriate times