First Grade News
Highland Park Elementary August 22-26
NOTES FROM THE FIRST GRADE TEACHERS
We have decided for now that it would be easier if everyone sent a snack for their own child each day. We will have extra snacks on hand in case someone forgets to bring a snack.
We are looking forward to a great year with our new firsties!
Pathways is the reading program we use to teach students the five core components of the reading process. The five core components are: phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension. This week our pathways lessons will focus on consonant review and building vowel town! We will also begin reviewing the sight words they learned in Kindergarten.
Social Studies/Science/PBL (Project Based Learning)
- Please remember to charge Chrome books each night
- Please initial your child's comment sheet each night
- Don't forget to send a peanut free snack for your child each day
- Remember to wear tennis shoes on PE days
- No lunch visitors until after Labor Day
August 21-Back to School Picnic 5:00-7:00 p.m.
August 22-26-TIME For Kids Fundraiser-Booklets will come home on Monday
August 30-K-3 Curriculum Night 6:30-7:30 p.m.-Please try to attend!
September 5-NO SCHOOL--Labor Day
September 6-Picture Day