This were our investigations for this week. We used vocabulary like "fast", "slow", "ramp", "high", "low"... We are learning so much!
We started on Monday continuing with ramps in the blocks and testing them with different balls. We encouraged children to test and make predictions.
We read "The 3 Little Pigs" and they loved this story! It gave them the opportunity to play with puppets in Library, build houses in blocks, paint with straws and balls, and use puzzles about it.
Continuing with letter recognition, we used bean bags to dance and toss. Each bean bag had their letter and we called on them this way. They absolutely loved the song Bean Bag Rock .
Thursday and Friday was all about sports! We talked about their favorite sports, we had a walk around our soccer field, tennis court and basketball court, we played with ball at the playground.
We have also been working on our Friendship Skills! We enjoyed a two part screening of Elmo's World about Friendship.
Please take a look and enjoy their experience!
- Problem solving
- Symbolic thinking
- Social interaction
- Math concepts
- Motor skills
Just to name a few!
Their tower, buildings, and castles are now taller, wider and made with such purpose and detail! Take a look where they are now!
Library Center getting richer and richer!
- We used dot-a-dot to fill the letters. And later, used the Environmental Print to do a game of "I Spy with my Little Eye" looking for their initials.
- We used straws and paint to make a "Blow Art" just like the Big Bad Wolf would do
- Boxes, balls and paint were the material to crate a "Roll Art". We tilted and shook the boxes to have the ball do the work for us
Also, using shadow puppets for the light table has turned out great. Retelling the story this way is so different and interesting!
Where do we use balls?
When they saw the soccer field they all screamed "goaaaal".
We also saw a tennis court and learned that some of our friends play tennis.
This week I wanted to remind you about Healthy Choices and the options. As stated in the Welcome Packet:
"All children eat a snack mid-morning sent from home. Please do NOT send
peanuts- some children are allergic to nuts. Also do not send sweets, chocolate,
fizzy drinks or drinks in glass bottles.
PLEASE NOTE: We follow a healthy food policy & will not permit “junk food”
from Monday to Thursday. Friday is the day for SAFE junk food- i.e. Still no
fizzy drinks or peanuts but potato chips are allowed!"
- Sandwiches, pancakes, arepas, french toasts...
- Fruits and fruit purees
- Crackers and dips or cheese
- chocolate cookies such as chokis and oreos
- chips (except on Fridays)
- Gummies (except on Fridays)