November 16 - 20 at Central Elementary
Parent-Teacher Conferences Foster Partnership
Over half the parents I spoke with specifically mentioned the term "self-monitoring" as new vocabulary in their homes. Parents recognize you are teaching kids to be responsible and control their own actions. The feedback serves to let us know kids are "learning" and believing in the very concept of 'Self-monitoring." Going forward our charge ifs to reflect on what we have learned about our students from parents and use that knowledge to make even more inroads to supporting student learning. The intensity of our efforts must be sustained and intensified as we examine student data (including information from P/T conferences) to push ahead to the next level.
Thanks for staying the course, welcoming parents as partners, and putting kids first!
Leadership and Hope Bring Achievement
The following video from Franklin Covey highlight's one school's and one family's triumph in finding the leadership withing themselves to change hopelessness into achievement. It serves as a reminder that great things do happen when professionals believe in students and help kids discover the leader in themselves.
Cool to Care!
This Week at Central
- Alternate Conference Follow-Up
Tuesday, November 17
- SI Meeting with A. Hards, E. Chorley & L. Harper (9-10 AM)
- Grade 3 Concert @ DHS (7 PM)
Wednesday, November 18
- Lance out of office for the day; Head teachers in charge.
Thursday, November 19
- Special Education Leadership Group (7:40-8:10 AM) Conference Room
- CST Meetings
- Principals' Mtg @ Cardinal Center (9:30 - Noon)
- Lance out of building after 3 PM
Friday, November 20
- Meeting with bldg. Reps. (7:40 AM)
- Popcorn Day Reward for Box-Tops from PTO
- Table of Honor (all lunch hours)
- Lance out of office after 1:30 PM
- Nov. 24...PLC Grades 1-4 (Please include some debriefing regarding the Formative Assessment PD in your agenda)
- Nov. 25...Staff Meeting 7:35 - 8:15 AM/Agenda: SIDR Training with Eric Chorley; CAP PLC from 2 - 3:20 PM
- Nov. 26 -27...Thanksgiving Break/ No school
- Dec. 4...Staff Christmas Party (7 PM)
- Dec. 7...ACC from 4:15 - 6:15 PM; Board of Education Meeting (7 PM)
- Dec. 8...Grade 2 Music concert 7 PM @ DHS
- Dec. 9...Staff Meeting (Agenda: ACC Update; Behavior/Climate Goal Update & Progress; additional items TBD)
- Dec. 10...Administration Meeting (9:30 AM); Movie Night Grades 3 & 4 (5:30-8 PM)
- Dec. 11...Movie Night Grades 1 & 2 (5:30 - 8 PM)
- Dec. 15...PLC Grades 1-4
- Dec. 16...Staff Meeting (Agenda TBD); Brainstormers Takeoff Assembly (9 & 10 AM)
- Dec 17...Principals' Meeting (9:30-Noon); CST Meetings
- Dec. 21...GSRP Student Christmas Parties AM & PM
- Dec. 22...Central Student Christmas Parties (PM)
- Dec 23 - Jan. 3...Winter/Christmas Break
Thanks for Help at Dismissal
Update on Staff Member
- Wearing ID badges in plain sight.
- Respecting the practice of refraining from blocking open locked outside doors.
- Entering the building through the main entrance when students are present.
- Keeping classroom doors locked and having access to your room keys at all times.
- Keeping a class list with you during drills and enforcing drill protocols with students.
- Noticing and reporting suspicious activity..being a set of observant eyes.
While these protocols may seem simple and sometimes a "nuisance" we need to be aware that the small things sometimes make the biggest difference. Thanks for doing your part to keep our workplace a safe environment for students and each other!
PTO Teacher Rep Sign-Up
If you have not signed up for a time to represent the teacher group at PTO this year, please do so. We only have meetings left in January through May. Most of the meetings have been lasting about 60-75 minutes (from 6 - 7:15 PM). Thanks for making this a priority!