The middles Ages
Jaden Trowell & Griffandor
- Italian dominican Friar and priest, he was also know as the doctor of the church.
- Immensely influential philosopher.
- Honored as a saint by the Catholic Church.
- His last name, Aquinas, is a demonym for his hometown, Aquino.
- Saint Thomas Aquinas was born January 28, 1225 in a hilltop castle at Roccasecca. He studied at the studium generale university where he became influenced by Aristotle and other major philosophers. It was at this time when Thomas became motivated to create his own philosophy, Thomism.
- Interesting fact: Thomas was held prisoner by his own family for a few years simply because he had a change of heart for the career he wanted to pursue.