Valentine's Day Fun Facts
Did you know.......
- In Wales, wooden love spoons were carved and given as gifts on Valentine's Day. Hearts, keys and keyholes were favorite decorations.
- The most beautiful and incredible gift of love is the Taj Mahal in India. It was built by Mughal Emperor Shahjahan as a memorial to his wife: it stands as the emblem of the eternal love story.
- Pilgrims used to send confections such as marzipan, sugar wafers and sugar plums. They were extra special because sugar was so rare.
- The oldest surviving love poem known to date is written on a clay tablet from the time of the Sumerians, inventors of writing, around 3500 B.C.
- In older days, some people believed if a woman saw a robin flying overhead on Valentine's Day it meant she would marry a sailor. If she saw a sparrow she would marry a poor man and be very happy. If she saw a goldfinch she would marry a rich man.
- Thanks to Parks & Recreation, single ladies can now celebrate Galentine's Day!
You don't need spoons or birds to show your love this Valentine's Day! C+I Jewelry is guaranteed to last a lifetime; what better way to show your undying love? With gifts under $30, sets for $60 and stunning statement makers in all price points, you are sure to find the perfect gift for the one you love.