March Updates and Reminders
- Dr. Seuss Spirit Week (See information below for details)- March 2-6, 2020
- St. Patrick's Day Party- March 13, 2020
- Surviving and Thriving Parent Support Group (Meeting at Annex)- March 14, 2020 10:00 am to 11:30 am (Childcare is provided with advanced registration.)
- IEP Days (No school for students both campuses)- March 16 and March 17, 2020
- Celebrate World Down Syndrome Day (See information below for details)- March 20, 2020
- Autism Awareness Day- April 2, 2020
- ASUA Spring Break (ASUA closed both locations)- April 8-13, 2020**
- In-Service Day- (No School for students both campuses)- April 14, 2020
- Surviving and Thriving Parent Support Group (Meeting at Annex)- April 18, 2020 10:00 am to 11:30 am (Childcare is provided with advanced registration.)
**PLEASE NOTE** School resumes for students on April 15th for students after the Spring Break due to an all staff inservice on April 14th.
Dr. Seuss Spirit Week (Read Across America Week)
March 2nd through March 6th is Read Across America week. In celebration, we will be having a week long Dr. Seuss inspired Spirit Week! Below each day's theme is listed. We encourage students to participate in the fun! Dr. Seuss activities will take placed in the classrooms on Friday, March 6th, but we will be celebrating all week in spirit!
We are excited about the fun-filled week to celebrate reading!!
ASUA Basket Bingo- Saturday, March 7, 2020
ASUA Basket Bingo!
Please join us for Basket Bingo on Saturday, March 7 from 6 pm to 10 pm at the Knights of Columbus, Glenside. Tickets are $30 per person or $275 for a table of 10. Doors open at 6:00 and the game begins at 6:30. All basket prizes are valued over $200! All guests must be 21+ to attend. Bring your own snacks and a cash bar will be available.
Show Your Support of World Down Syndrome Day with Crazy Socks!
World Down Syndrome Day, March 20, 2020, is a day to raise awareness and educate the general public about Down Syndrome, to raise public awareness, and to join others around the globe in advocating for the rights, inclusion, and well being of people with Down syndrome.
Students and families are invited to join ASUA staff in showing your support of this important day by wearing brightly colored socks!
Weekend Workshop- Panel Discussion
Community Activities and Resources
~Penn Speaks for Autism is a student led group through the University of Pennsylvania that works to create activities and events for people with autism and their families. They host weekly free tennis and dance classes that last 45 minutes to an hour for children with autism and their families. They are also beginning programming for adults with autism. They are hoping to expand our programming to include more families and requested for ASUA to share their email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any families that may be interested.
~Kinney Center and SJU
SJU Hawks vs. Fordham- Saturday, February 29th
The Kinney and SJU are partnering to offer an autism-friendly men's basketball game. Resources include a break room, noise-canceling headphones, and this visual guide to
help families prepare for game day.
Game Time: 1:00 pm
Location: Hagan Arena
Ticket Cost: $10
~Variety’s After School Program enriches the lives of children and young adults with intellectual disabilities through social, educational, and vocational programs that nurture independence and self-confidence to prepare them for life.