WRMS Weekly Update
November 1, 2019
Yearbooks on Sale Early!
- The order number is: 4511
- Confirm that you have selected Westwood Regional Middle School.
- Choose "Buy a Yearbook, Yearbook Packages" on the left side of the screen.
- After you put a yearbook in the cart it will ask you to "find a student". Enter your child's name and hit the search box. Once it comes up that the name can't be found click on "add your student". This will generate a list of who ordered a yearbook for distribution time.
Email Mrs. Zalarick with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales close May 9, 2020
NJ Child Assault Prevention (CAP) for all K-12 Students
All NJ schools must now incorporate age appropriate sexual abuse and prevention education to all preschool through grade 12 students.
WWRSD will be utilizing CAP (NJ Child Assault Prevention: https://njcap.org/). These age appropriate classes take place in all K-6 classes, beginning in January. Parent permission will be required for children to be present for the classes.
Please click HERE for information for WWRSD K-6 Schools.
The NJCAP parent meeting for all K-6 parents is on November 21, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. at Brookside School Library.
Kindergarten Registration for 20-21
The Westwood Regional School District will open online Kindergarten registration for the 2020‑2021 school year on Tuesday, December 3, 2019. This is a pre-registration only; students will not be considered enrolled until parents/guardians submit the required documentation at an in-person registration appointment.
Be aware that your child must reside in the Borough of Westwood or Township of Washington and be five (5) years old on or before October 1, 2020 to enter Kindergarten next September.
For more information, click here. We look forward to welcoming your kindergartener!
Team 6B Math
Big News for Box Tops!
Download the new Box Tops app and keep earning for our school! Box Tops is in the process of going digital. While you will be able to clip and send them in the traditional way while products remain on store shelves, earning 10 cents for the school with each Box Top you send in (and these really add up!), we will be shifting toward individual online submission and an all-school goal. Please download the app at the Apple App Store or on Google Play to participate. Anytime you purchase items featuring the new Box Tops label, you’ll simply need to scan your receipt and all such items will be recorded—with just one scan. Scanning these receipts also gets us entered in contests that win bonus Box Tops for our school—right now, for instance, there’s a chance to win 5,000 bonus Box Tops and a chance to win a $20,000 school makeover!
Keep on clipping and start scanning! Next competition round ends in February!!
Save the Date!
- 11/5 - Environmental/Geography Club Donut Sale
- 11/8 - No School
- 11/10 - PSO Bowling, 6-8 PM @ Montvale Lanes - see above for info!
- 11/15 - End of 1st Marking Period
- 11/18 - PSO Meeting, 7:30 PM
- 11/21 - NJCAP Parent Meeting, 9:00 AM, Brookside Library
- 11/21 - Board of Education Meeting, 7:30PM @ Jr./Sr. HS
- 11/22 - Report Cards available in Genesis
- 11/27 - Early Dismissal @ 12:36 PM
- 11/28 & 29 - No School
Monday is an "A" day!