This Week in TCS
- Britton "Tyler" Cherry, Northridge Middle, TCS Alabama Teacher of the Year Secondary Category
- Katherine Steadman, Woodland Forrest Elementary, TCS Alabama Teacher of the Year Elementary Category
- Jay Peterson, TCS Support Employee of the Year - Central Support Team
- Yolanda Stockdale, Tuscaloosa Magnet Schools - Middle, TCS Technology Innovation Award Elementary Category
- Keiosha Quarles, Westlawn Middle, TCS Technology Innovation Award Secondary Category
- Jamarcus Wells, TCS Support Employee of the Year Elementary Category
- Mikey Tolliver, TCS Support Employee of the Year - Transportation
- Officer Jon de Trujillo, Tuscaloosa Magnet Schools - Middle, TCS Support Employee of the Year Secondary Category
Cherry, Steadman, Stockdale and Quarles will represent TCS at the state levels of competition.
School Showcase Award
Three Community Organizations Honored: Outstanding Community Spirit Awards
The Rotary Club of Tuscaloosa
TCS honored three community organizations at the Apple Awards for their uncommon measures of service to the system. The Rotary Club of Tuscaloosa was honored for their generous contributions to the successful Book Buddies program at Martin Luther King, Jr. Elementary students.
Tuscaloosa Bicentennial Commission
The Tuscaloosa Bicentennial Commission was recognized for including Tuscaloosa students in the year-long celebration of the city’s birth, but funding a number of activities to celebrate it. Because of them, TCS students created a three-day history exposition, Tuscaloosa Through Time, and a student-produced book 200: A Bicentennial Artistic and Literature Collection.
West Alabama Works, in conjunction with The Chamber of Commerce of West Alabama
Watch the latest edition of Inside Tuscaloosa City Schools!
Enjoy the sounds of the holiday with the Tuscaloosa Fine Arts Academy singers. TFAA students attend school at Paul W. Bryant High School and were selected to perform earlier today at Alabama School Board Association's Annual Convention this December.