Room 3 News
September 30-October 4, 2013
What We Will Be Learning.....
*Language Arts Unit 1: Week 5 – Playing Together
-Vocabulary: admire, offer, charity, challenging, focus
- Grammar/Conventions: Punctuation (.?!)
-Spelling Words: sand, sink, past, land, fast, sing
-Words to know: help, now, use, very
- Skill: Author’s Purpose (why the author wrote this story)
* Math- Begin Unit 1: Chapter 3 – Addition and Subtraction Fact Concepts
* Writing- Narrative: Autobiographical
-If you haven’t joined the PTO, please do! Go to the SSF website and press the “Donate Now!” It’s very easy!
-Please keep track of your child’s daily reading books. A few students are missing books already! If you can’t locate them, each book cost $10.00 to replace.
-Thank you for sending in the apples. Most children loved the home made apple sauce and went back for seconds!
- We have two big buddy classes. We meet one week with Mrs. Rainville's fourth grade class and the following week with Mrs. Foley's third graders. They get so excited about seeing their "Big Buddies"
- The October book order will go home on Monday, Sept 30. Please order by Oct. 9 either on line or send the order to school with your payment.
-We have been using our iPads this past week. We have been reading leveled books and taking comprehension quizzes, we have used doodle buddy to draw and we have made popplets and learned how to import a picture from the internet.
-Parent volunteers start this week, September 30th!!! I sent home a notice with the children for the parents who are volunteering.
-Week of October 28th – Parent Teacher Conferences start (12:00 Dismissal)