Silver Creek Chronicle
Week of August 30th, 2021
From Mrs. Flemming
- Mrs. Flemming
Principal, Silver Creek Elementary
Grade Level Weekly Newsletters
Please click on the grade level buttons below to see what your SC Camper is learning this week. (TIP: scroll to see more in each link!)
Changes at Silver Creek:
- Lunch visitors will not be permitted from 8/30 thru 9/17
- Grandparent's day will be postponed (see details below)
- Any meeting longer than 15 minutes will be held virtually
Grandparent's Day Video
From the Counselor
We’ve had a great week finishing up our Meet the Counselor lessons. I’ve enjoyed being back in the classrooms, and visiting with the kids!
During the month of September, we will focus on our first character trait, Trustworthiness. This character trait is represented by our Blue house, and is the meaning behind the letter “T” in our “TRRFCC” tickets. Students have been working so hard to earn those tickets! Our lessons this month will include the importance of being honest, reliable, courageous, and loyal. These are all components of Trustworthiness.
We are also looking forward to our first ticket event, and another House dress-up day, on September 10th!
Have a great weekend!
~ Ms. Terrett
Menus for the Week
Silver Creek PTO
- If your student is wanting to have breakfast at school, please make every effort to have them dropped off before 7:30 so they have time to eat.
- Both Breakfast and Lunch are free of charge this year
- Please remember Kindergarten ONLY (along with their older siblings) will drop-off and pick-up in the front loop next to the curb
- Drop-off begins at 7:20
- Please don't line up for dismissal prior to 3:00
- When exiting from sidecar, please take turns and merge into a single line to exit around the back loop.
- If your child needs to change their transportation for the day please email firstname.lastname@example.org before 2:00PM.
- If your student is needing to be picked up early please do so before 2:30PM.
- August 30: Fundraising Kick-Off!
- August 30: PTO Meeting via Zoom
- September 3: Student HOLIDAY - Professional Development
- September 3: Progress Report 1 issued
- September 6: HOLIDAY
- September 6-10: Substitute Appreciation Week
- September 10: TRRFCC Ticket Event and House Dress Day!
- September 13: First Responders Day Drive Thru
- September 16: Picture day!
- September 17: Fundraiser Ends
- September 24: Progress Report 2 Issued
- September 27: TRRFCC Ticket Store during WIN time this week
- September 27: PTO Meeting in the Library @ 4:30
October 5: Fundraiser Delivery
October 11- Student HOLIDAY
October 12 - Student HOLIDAY - Staff Development
October 13: Success Rally and House Dress Day
October 15: Report Card Issued
October 25: 50th Day of School
October 25: PTO Meeting in the Library @ 4:30
October 25-29 - Red Ribbon Week
October 26: Picture Make-Up Day
October 28: Pajama Jam - Literacy Night (5:00-7:00PM)
- November 5: Progress report Issued
- November 8-12: Book Fair!
- November 9: Thanksgiving Lunch for last names (A-L)
- November 10: Thanksgiving Lunch for last names (M-Z)
- November 11: Veteran's Day Parade
- November 12: TRRFCC Ticket Event and House Dress Day
- November 22-26: Thanksgiving Break - No School
- November 29: Student HOLIDAY - Staff Development
- November 29: Progress Report Issued
- November 30: TRRFCC Ticket Store this Week
- December 6: PTO Meeting in the Library @ 4:30
- December 15: Success Rally and House Dress Day!
- December 16: 3rd Grade Winter Performance
- December 17: Class Holiday Parties (9:00-10:00AM)
**DATES AND TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE!**