By Jennifer Ramirez
Information of Silver
Where was silver originated?
Cost of Silver?
Interesting Facts of Silver
- Silver has two stable Isotypes that are nearly the same abundance, Silver-107 and silver-109.
- Silver is used to make silverware, jewelry, batteries and in electronic industries because of its electrical conductivity.
- It is a soft metal that has a shiny metallic, very ductile, and malleable. It is also not very reactive.
- The Silver compound, Silver Iodine; Agl is used in could seeding to produce rain.
- Silver nano-particles are sometimes added to clothing as they can prevent the growth of fungi and bacteria.
- Silver is often produced as a result of refining metal such as lead, cooper, gold, nickel or zinc.
- Silver metal is not toxic to humans. In fact, it can be used as a food decoration. However, most silver salts are toxic. Silver is germicidal, meaning it kills bacteria and other lower organisms.
- Silver is the best thermal Conductor of any metal. The lines you see in the rear window of a car consist of silver, used to defrost ice in the winter.
- Silver can exist in its native state. In other words, nuggets or crystals of pure silver exist in nature. Silver also occurs as a natural alloy with gold that is called elect-rum . Silver commonly occurs in copper, lead, and zinc ores.
- Silver is a very shiny metal. It is the most reflective element that are used in mirrors, telescopes, solar cells and microscopes. Polished silver reflects 95% of the visible light spectrum, although it is not a reflector of UV light.
- Silver is stable in oxygen and water, but it tarnishes in air because of a reaction with those of sulfur compounds to form a black sulfide layer.
''Silver.The Periodic Table of Knowledge. (2015). Retrieved from http://www.knowledgedoor.com/2/elements_handbook/silver.html''
Image 2: "47-silver Ag. Periodic Table Meaning. (2015). Retrieved from http://genius.com/3168097/Mister-molato-periodic-table/47-silver-ag"
image 3:" Vintage Silverware.(2015). Retrieved from http://cherishedrentals.com/portfolio/vintage-silverware/"
Image 4:"Wholesale Cubic Zirconia Ring Flower Pattern Sterling Silver Rings.(2015). Retrieved from http://www.fashionjewelryhotsale.com/goods-3729-Wholesale+Cubic+Zirconia+Ring+Flower+Pattern+Sterling+Silver+Rings.html"
Image 5:" Monex Precious Metals. (2015). Retrieved from
"Silver facts. (2015). Retrieved from
Facts:"Marie, Annie.(2015). 10 Sillver Facts. Retrieved from
"Real German glass. (2015). Retrieved from http://www.ebay.com/itm/Real-German-GLASS-GLITTER-Fine-80-Grit-Pure-Silver-1-Ounce-/381077907358