Weekly Update #16
January 4 - 8, 2016
Staff of the Month and Shout Outs
Staff of the Month: November - Celeste StregeCeleste is consistently helping EVERYONE with EVERYTHING! Not only can she handle the stress of subs lined up at her door, but she executes her work with such ease and a never wavering positive attitude. She is the rock that holds this school together!! I am so grateful for everything that she does for us, she always goes out of her way to make our jobs easier!
Staff of the Month - December - Ron Dorhman
I have had the pleasure of working as a co-teaching with Mr. Dohrman this year. One of the things that I found remarkable in his room is his classroom management. The students in his class are regularly quiet, attentive, and productive from bell-to-bell under his leadership. What is unique about his style is that he engages his students in a quiet, calm manner while firmly asserting himself as the instructor and leader of the class. I am pleased to have the opportunity to learn from his classroom management and am applying his effective method in my own room. I believe the rest of our faculty would do well to model his effective classroom management strategy in their rooms with their students, also. Truly, his style is a classroom management style par excellence and I believe that because of this he is more then deserving of the Above the Line recognition!
Click on the link below to give a shout out to a staff member who has done or is doing something wonderful!
Word of the Week - Construct
REMINDER: Each week we give six students a backpack with a gift certificate in it when they can tell us the word, what it means and use it correctly in a sentence.
Last Week's Winners: Gloria Diaz (10), Nicholas Duran (12), Madelyn Ingle (10), Omid Jamison (10), Chris Rodriguez (12) and Trenton Schwanke (9).
Please take a minute to recognize these students if you have them in your class.
Information and Updates
- Happy New Year! I hope you all are rested and enjoyed much deserved time with family and friends!
- Welcome to Amy Alexandar! She is a new to LQHS Special Education teacher, coming to us from the VISTA program.
- IB Lunch meetings will be in the gym this week: 9th grade - Tuesday, 10th grade - Wednesday and 11th and 12th grades on Thursday. Please encourage any students who are involved in the IB program to attend their monthly meetings.
- Our Winter Sports Rally is Friday during 4th period. Teachers are required to attend and help supervise during their assigned period. Mrs Herrera will email detailed information.
- Here is an interesting and short blog about teacher questioning. Please take a moment to read it: http://principalmkelly.blogspot.com/2015/12/5-simple-rules-of-teacher-questioning.html?m=1
Monday - Leadership team meeting 2:50 p.m. in the staff lounge.
IB Diploma Reception 6:30 p.m. Staff Lounge Contact Mrs. Cinatl for details.
Thursday - Special Education Leadership site visit 10:30 a.m.
Financial Aid Night 6:30 p.m. Theater. Contact Mrs. Ramirez for information.
Friday - Winter Sports Rally. Mrs Herrera will send out detailed information.
Athletic Arena (Varsity Sports)
Monday - Boys Soccer @ Valley View @ 5:00 p.m.
Girls Water Polo @ Palm Desert @ 3:15 p.m.
Tuesday - Boys Basketball v Indio @ 6:00 p.m.
Girls Basketball @ Indio @ 6:30 p.m.
Boys Soccer v Indio @ @ 5:00 p.m.
Girls Soccer @ Indio @ 5:00 p.m
Wednesday -Girls Water Polo v Xavier @ 3:15 p.m.
Boys Soccer @ Desert Hot Springs @ 5:00 p.m.
Wrestling v Indio @ 5:00 p.m.
Thursday - Boys Basketball @ Coachella Valley @ 6:00 p.m.
Girls Basketball v Coachella Valley @ 6:30 p.m.
Boys Soccer @ Coachella Valley@ 5:00 p.m.
Girls Soccer v Coachella Valley @ 5:00 p.m.
Girls Basketball v Shadow Hills @ 6:30 p.m.