August 26, 2020
If you do not want to wait too long, consider arriving at Buffett at a time different than the immediate start. We found that the longest waits occurred in the first hour because most families arrived at the same time.
- One parent per student only. Minimizing numbers is safer.
- All students must be with the parent/guardian to pick up the device.
- Stay on paw prints and observe social distancing.
- All iPads issued at front door. Students will login, confirm iPad apps.
- All visitors must wear a face covering that covers both nose and mouth.
- Students must bring Microsoft Stream laptop with charger back to exchange for an iPad (Must also return mobile hotspot one was loaned out.)
- If students were NOT issued a Microsoft Stream laptop and are currently using their own device, we will be able to confirm that via paperwork at Buffett.
New Faces of Bobcat Nation!
First Time Event!
Have other pictures of your family and/or student that you would like to submit for the yearbook? Drop them here in the Community Upload section of the website. The school code is yearbook2021. You can also purchase a 2020-21 yearbook on this site as well.
Student Council Applications!
From the Buffett Library!
Mrs. Campbell has been working with your ELA teachers to remind students to take advantage of SORA, our on-line library. Students will find both e-books and audiobooks in SORA. Many ELA students will have to complete either a reading log or a reading BINGO for their classes, which makes SORA the perfect place to go to find books while we are remote learning. SORA offers books of all genres, grade levels, and reading levels. Check it out! For directions to get in to SORA, click here.
Mrs. Campbell has also created an "ask the librarian" button on the Buffett Library page. Simply click on Mrs. Campbell's Bitmoji, a Microsoft Office Form will open, and students can fill it in and send it to Mrs. Campbell. For access to the Library Page,
Finally, if you have questions about assignments, book suggestions, or how to use SORA or any of our other library resources, Mrs. Campbell has created a Buffett Middle School Library Teams page. To find it, go to Teams and search All Teams. You will need a join code for the Library Team. Please e-mail Mrs. Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org for the join code.
Student Handbook and Code of Conduct
An additional page was added to the Handbook this year to address remote learning. If you would like to read the information, click here.
Tips to Help Your Remote Learner!
- establish routines and expectations for learning at home
- choose a good place to learn
- check in on their progress
- encourage them to get up and move in between blocks
Remote Learning Bell Schedule
Remote Learning Expectations
20-21 District Calendar
Family Support Center Update
Services Available at the OPS Family Support Center
The following services will be available for families:
· 1 to 1 Technology Support
· Nutrition Services to assist with meal applications and Meals2Go
· Student and Community Services
· Social Workers
· Student Support Liaisons
· Bilingual Liaisons
In addition to in-person supports, we have produced several videos to help families navigate district-provided iPads. To review these resources, click here.