Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
September 23, 2018
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
- please be sure to label your child/ren's sweatshirts and jackets. Cool morning and warm afternoons lead to a stuffed Lost & Found! Our L & F is always available in the MPR.
- we have an amazing fall carnival coming up on Fri., 10/26 - the coordinators have 5 more spots available for the trunk or treat cars; email Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim one or with questions
- we are still monitoring the air quality - especially on warm days we are watchful for kiddos who have sensitivity to pollutants in the air
School Site Council Forming Now!
students can only get in the hot lunch line if they've NOTIFIED THEIR TEACHER
that they are getting hot lunch that morning
It's important to our food service team that all children who requested hot lunch in the later grades get access to it, but sometimes we have more children getting into the hot lunch than our counts tell us to plan for. Our lunch menu is posted below and Wednesday is always pizza day (super popular!!!).
Food For Thought - Math Instruction & HW
We sometimes hear about the challenges around Math homework from families. Here are some resources to help you support your child with his/her Math - one of the best things is to ask them how they might tackle a problem - you'll probably find that our students are being taught tools and strategies that we've never heard of before...in our day :), we were often taught the 'rules' of an algorithm and shortcuts, and today children are asked to understand number sense and how numbers work together. No wonder if feels like we are talking in different languages!
- Considering Math: Number talks - scroll down about 1/2 way to see some great ways you can better understand how your child approaches math
- Resources around Math instruction from the CA Department of Education
- Article about how to support your child when math HW is making your head spin!
- The Khan Academy has amazing videos about all levels of math from pre-k to college with easy understand videos - great for parents and kids!
If you/your child is struggling, talk with your child's teacher and/or check your teacher's website - we all want your student to succeed!
- Mon., 9/24: last, last, last chance to turn in Believe Fundraiser orders!
- Mon., 9/24: Early Release Day
- Mon., 9/24, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Mon., 9/24, 1:45-2:40 pm: LCES Choir Rehearsal
- Thurs., 9/27: Earthquake/Evacuation Drill planned
- Fri., 9/28: Colt Spirit Day - wear Colt gear or school colors!
- Fri., 9/28, 2-2:40 pm: Musical Theater rehearsal
- Mon., 10/1: Early Release Day
- Mon., 10/1, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Mon., 10/1, 1:45-2:40 pm: LCES Choir Rehearsal
- Tues., 10/2, 5-6 pm: PTC Meeting in the Library; child care provided
- Fri., 10/5 - Mon., 10/8: No School; school resumes on Tuesday, 10/9
- Tues., 10/9: Lockout/Evacuation Drill planned
- Fri., 10/12: Colt Spirit Day - wear Colt gear or school colors!
- Fri., 10/12, 2-2:40 pm: Musical Theater rehearsal
- Mon., 10/15: Early Release Day
- Mon., 10/15, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Mon., 10/15, 1:45-2:40 pm: LCES Choir Rehearsal
- Wed., 10/17: Picture Retake/Makeup Day
- Fri., 10/19: Colt Spirit Day - wear Colt gear or school colors!
- Fri., 10/19, 2-2:40 pm: Musical Theater rehearsal
- Mon., 10/22: No School; school resumes on Tuesday, 10/23
- Week of 10/23: Red Ribbon Week (door decorating, fall carnival, etc...)
- Tues., 10/23: Box Tops are Due - click here to print a collection sheet(s)
- Fri., 10/26: Colt Spirit Day - wear Colt gear or school colors!
- Fri., 10/26, 2-2:40 pm: Musical Theater rehearsal
- Fri., 10/26, 4-7 pm: PTC Fall Carnival and Trunk or Treat
*all Leadership, Musical Theater, and Choir program details are on Mrs. Adam's website or click the link below.
Visit our website for the most updated schedules for our Leadership Ambassador Program, including the greeter schedule! You can also find information about our leadership program action teams here: http://lces.wpusd.org/subsites/music/index.html
Click for more information about school meal pricing and breakfast and lunch menus. You can also access My School Bucks to add to your child's lunch balance and submit an online application for free/reduced meals.
Click to view a map that identifies appropriate drop off/pick up areas and parking areas. It is much less congested between between 7:50-8:00 am and again between 2:50-3 pm. Supervision is provided at 7:55 am and until 3 pm (2 on ER days).
The district has approved and published 2 years of school calendars! Click for details!