Dare to Dream!
Empowering World Class Leaders and Life-Long Learners!
Great First Week!
It is hard to believe that we are finishing our first full week of school! Thank you so much for your support as we put routines in place. Traffic is, for the most part, going smoothly and our students are learning the routines in the halls, classrooms and cafeteria. You are doing a great job of getting your Stallions here before 7:40 so that they are in class when the bell rings & ready to go!
- Please remember the speed on the back drive is 5 mph. We have also had several cars entering through the exit. This is very dangerous! The entrance is at the intersection of Indina Hills and Palmbrook Drive. Be sure to look out for our crossing guard & walkers!
- Our first Friday assembly is tomorrow morning. Because this is a whole school assembly and our cafeteria will be full, we ask that parents not attend. We will have separate assemblies for grades K-2 and 3-5 to which you will be personally invited to celebrate with your Key Stallions. We will introduce our theme of Dare to Dream and have Dr. Pressley, Chief of Learning and Innovation as our guest speaker. Ask your children what they learned! Please have them at school no later than 7:35 as we will begin the assembly promptly at 7:40. Students should go to class to drop off their backpacks and then come straight down to the cafeteria.
- All Stallions are invited to celebrate our weekly Spirit days. On Fridays, show your school spirit by wearing Sommer shirts, and on Wednesdays, promote education by wearing your favorite College team shirt!
Parent Information Nights (5:15-6:30):
- Aug. 27 3rd Grade
- Aug. 29 1st Grade
- Sept. 5 4th Grade
- Aug. 29 8:15 am School Fire Drill
- Sept. 2 Labor Day Holiday
- Sept. 6 7:40 Friday Assembly: 3rd-5th Grades Student Leader Recognition
- Sept. 6 8:15 2nd Cup of Coffee w/the Principal
- Sept. 9-27 PTA Stuff the Boots Fundraiser
- Sept. 12 6:00 PM PTA Club Night
- Sept. 20 7:40 Friday Assembly: K-2nd Grades Student Leader Recognition
Congratulations to these students on their summer achievements:
- Liz & Leo Brasil! They came in 9th & 10th in their age group in the National Track Championships for the 1500 m!
- Ben Padua won the US Kids Golf Texas State Championships for his age group!
- Anya Satija, 5th grade with her brother Rohan, former Sommer Stallion, ran several supply drives this summer for their charity, "Let's Learn" collecting several dozen school supplies for underprivileged students. Watch for ways to help her charity in the spring!
- Gracie Garbade, 4th grade, runs a nonprofit organization, Gracie's Canned Goods, graciesfooddrive.wordpress.com providing canned goods to the needy for Thanksgiving. Watch for details of our grade level collection contest to support her efforts!
- Our Stallions are Leaders! Send me their World-Class Accomplishments & Efforts so that we can celebrate & support them!