IMLEA Back to School
Okay, who predicted this? Wasn't there a time when we thought we would know more in two weeks? Then two more weeks? Then July 1, then....
We want to check in with you as you begin school, in whatever form that may be, and offer our support. The last things you probably need are links to resources, but we have curated what we think are some outstanding ones that might be of help.
We would like to hear your success stories, too. What worked well for you in the spring? What elements for the return to school have made a difference? Please share!
We support you however you need us...we work with the IDOE as a CSI and TSI Partner ; in addition we partner with AMLE, Special Olympics/Champions Together, National Forum to Accelerate Middle Grades Reform (Schools to Watch) and INSPIRE3. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shirley Wright, Executive Director
In addition, there is a new call for presentations on these topics: (due August 14)
- How are you promoting equity, and in particular racial equity, in your school community?
- How have you innovated during the pandemic in ways that will impact your students after the crisis abates?
- What have you learned during the pandemic or as a result of recent incidents of racial violence that will inform or change your approach, strategies, outlook, etc.?
Champions Together Trainings Go Virtual
"Getting to Know You" Activities
This guide received over 5000 hits in the first 24 hours! It debuted on August 8th with a webinar that included many of the authors. Pages 2 and 3 have a clickable index, and it is still being updated.
Have you had parents or caregivers asking for help? This might be a solution!
Wonderful, free guide by Nadine Gilkison from Franklin Township in Indianapolis.
Highlights included in this INSPIRE3 Update for 8/10/20. Thank You for sharing this Update with your staff and colleagues as these resources are beneficial in service-learning planning for in-school and/or virtual instruction for the 20-21 school year.
- INSPIRE3 program Update from Joan
- NEW PowerPoints on our Digital Resource page that specifically connects Language Arts and Science to Service-Learning
- NEW INSPIRE3 Webpage Tutorial and Service Learning to Educate, Engage, and Empower Tutorial
- "Six Proven Practices in Civic Education" by Betsy Peterson, Director of Learning to Give
- New LTG lessons and resources related to voting and civic engagement K-12 on their Current Events Page
- LTG K-12 Simple Safe Service project guides, Difficult Conversation guide and Media Literacy Tips
- generationOn website free service/service-learning resources for teachers, students, and parents
- INPSIRE3 mini-grants available for 1st semester of 20-21
- Visit our INSPIRE3 page on the IMLEA website HERE or on the IASP website HERE and Connect
- Contact information for free assistance
- Thank You Very Much for sharing our updates and web page with your staff and colleagues
Learning Opportunities Calendar (all times listed are EDT)
August 1-14: Hive Summit
August 11: Heading Back to School with EVERFI, 5 pm
August 12: Supporting Adolescent Development from Six Feet Away, 1 pm
August 13: Blended Learning Webinar with Catlin Tucker, 4:15 pm
August 14: Deadline to Apply to Present at AMLE20
August 14: DOE MTSS PD with Dr. Lori Desautels, 9 and Noon
August 18: DOE Webinar: Student Engagement, 7 pm
October 23-25: AMLE Virtual Conference
February 21-22, 2021: IMLEA Conference
Leslie Fisher Free Webinars (many on Microsoft Teams this Month)
We have sent this edition of the "Monday Minute" to an extensive mailing list; if you have changed positions or would like to suggest someone for our mailing list, please let us know. You can access past Monday Minutes via this link on our webpage, and you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Principals and others: Please forward this newsletter to your staff, and email us at any time with comments, suggestions, and your great ideas!