By: Nayelli T. TB:7
Signs or Symptoms
- Feeling uncomfortable when participating in social situations
- Feeling self conscious around others
- Worrying too much about being judged
- Fast heartbeat
How does it affect someone?
- Feeling lonely or disappointing over missed opportunities of friendship and fun
- Not getting the most out of school
- Missing chances to show their talents and learn new skills
Other names or forms
- Social Anxiety
- Selective Mutism~ They're too shy or fearful that they don't speak at all to certain people
How is it Diagnosed?
- Physical Exams
- Doctor may ask questions about medical history
How is it treated?
Therapists, family, and friends help to create a plan to face social fears, and help them build up the skills they need to do it.
Social Phobia Develops because a combination of three factors:
- Biological Makeup
- Behaviors learned by role models
- Life events and experiences