December 18, 2020
Dates to Remember
12/21 - 01/05 - Winter Break - No School
12/31 - New Year's Eve
01/06 - Students Return to Instruction
01/08 - Fall Picture Re-Take Day
02/09 - Spring Picture Day
02/12 - No School for Students
02/15 - Presidents' Day - No School
A Message from Dr. Lambert
This day is always a little bittersweet for me. I love the winter break and the opportunity to spend an extended period of time with my family—to rest and recharge. But, I love the work I do and the opportunity to spend my days with your children on their educational journey. I hope it is a bittersweet day for your children as well, because I want them to want to be at Bush every day. That is the community I hope we foster.
As we each move into the winter break, my wish for you in this holiday season is a time of peace. More than just relaxation, I hope each of our students and families finds an opportunity to recharge before we move into the second semester.
As always, that you for the opportunity to serve your children.
Take good care,
Dr. Jarod Lambert
Message from our Front Office
- All transportation changes need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before 2:00 PM each day.
- Car rider dismissal reminder: Entering the school driveway at dismissal is by right turn only. All traffic leaving the school should turn right onto Crownridge as well.
- Only visitors essential to school operations will be permitted to enter CISD facilities.
- All individuals entering the building must wear a face mask covering their mouth and nose.
- Visitors will be required to complete a COVID-19 screening form in the reception area prior to leaving the front office area.
- Only essential learning items can be dropped off on our outside drop off table.
- Students forgetting lunches will be allowed to get a meal from the cafeteria.
- Students need to have a mask on while riding a CISD school bus.
Picture Re-Take Day 1/8/2021
Picture re-take for students and staff will be on Friday, January 8, 2021.
- 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM face-to-face students (inside)
- 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM virtual students (outside)
Picture questions please email email@example.com
You have access to tons of ebooks/audio books!
School zone and car rider drop off safety reminders
As a reminder our school doors do not open until 7:30 AM. We ask that you do not drop off your child before that time as they will be on the front porch unattended.
- Please remember to remind your children not to cross until the crossing guards are at their posts in the morning.
- A picture of your child's barcode on your phone will not work for car rider line. We have to scan each barcode, and you need the actual print out.
- Please do not drop of children on Crownridge Drive at the school path. If you are in car line the children should remain in the vehicle until they are at the front of the school.
- While driving, allow crossing guards to cross children and to return to the sidewalk before driving through the crosswalk.
- Cell phones should not be used while in the school zone.
- No dogs are allowed on school property.
- U-turns are not allowed on Crownridge Drive.
- Please do not sit on the curb or allow your children to play in the street.
Bush Clinic Phone - 936-709-1609
Students are cleared to return to school when the nurse receives documentation of the following: Health care provider clearance letter to return to school, including a date the student may return OR Negative COVID-19 test results. Please keep your child home until ALL symptoms have subsided, including being fever free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications.
ISOLATION OR QUARANTINE:
· Students who are absent due to isolation or quarantine criteria who log in to SeeSaw or Canvas before 11:59 pm will be counted as a REMOTE ATTENDANCE.
· Students who are absent due to isolation or quarantine criteria who are unable to sign into SeeSaw or Canvas before 11:59 pm will be counted as an EXCUSED ABSENCE.
Per Conroe ISD guidelines: If your child has a fever or other symptoms that could be from COVID-19 and does not get tested OR is not cleared by their healthcare provider with an alternative diagnosis, it is assumed the child has COVID-19 and may not return to school until the following 3 criteria are met:
1. Has been fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication.
2. AND child has improved symptoms.
3. AND at least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
Please email or fax (936-709-1699) healthcare provider date of return to school confirmation or COVID-19 test results to the nurse firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com in order to return to school sooner than the 10 day isolation period.
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
· Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater to or equal to 100 dg F.
· Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
· Muscle or body aches
· New loss of taste or smell
· Sore throat
· Congestion or runny nose
· Nausea or vomiting
· Shaking or exaggerated shivering https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/care-for-someone.html
PLEASE NOTIFY THE NURSE OR THE FRONT OFFICE IF YOUR CHILD DEVELOPS ANY OF THE ABOVE SYMPTOMS.
MEDICATION POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
Prescription medication must be in the original container, properly labeled including the student’s name, the name of the medication, directions concerning dosage, the schedule for administration, expiration date, and the date the prescription was filled. No expired prescription medication will be administered. No more than a ninety (90) day supply of a prescription medication may be checked in at one time.
Over-the-counter medications such as Tylenol, ibuprofen, cough or cold medicines that could potentially mask COVID-19 symptoms will require a written order from your child’s health care provider. Special Medication Note: Due to CDC COVID-19 guidelines nebulizer medications cannot be administered at school at this time.
CURB SIDE MEDICATION SIGN IN:
Please email or call the clinic if your child will require a scheduled or prescription medication for this school year. A medication permission form will be emailed to you, or let us know if you need to pick up a paper copy.
Medications will be dropped off via curb side delivery Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30-2:30. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 936-709-1600 (front office) or 936-709-1609 (clinic) to let us know that you are here for medication drop off. Nurse Cheryl will come out to your car to collect the signed forms and medication.
CLINIC STUDENT CLOTHING REQUEST:
In case of restroom accidents, spills, muddy clothes, please keep a complete change of clothes in your child’s backpack in a zip lock bag to have on hand. The clinic will not have extra clothes in the clinic to provide our students. Parents will be called to bring clothing changes if their child does not have extra clothes available in their backpack. Thank you for your help!
Nurse Cheryl Kirchner, RN
Evelin Padilla, Clinic Assistant
Monday, December 14, 2020
Tuesday, December 15, 2020
Wednesday, December 16, 2020
Thursday, December 17, 2020
Friday, December 18, 2020
Conroe ISD's School Messenger
All SMS messages received from the Conroe ISD District Office and your child's campus will begin with "Conroe ISD:" and come from the subscribe code 67587. If you have not yet opted-in to receive SMS messages, you can do so at any time throughout the school year by texting "Y" to 67587.
The yearbook team needs pictures of your Bobcat
Be sure to identify the grade level of the children pictured before uploading photos. The Barbara Bush Project Number: 126474. There’s no upload code. Thank you for your help to ensure our yearbook represents all of our students!
Support Bush When You Shop with Amazon Smile
Bush Elementary: A nurturing and inclusive community where students become empowered citizens and life-long learners. Every student, every day!
Our school hours are 8:00-3:10. Students may arrive as early as 7:30 and will go to their homeroom beginning at that time.
The Conroe Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding these non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936)-709-7700 and the Section 504/ADA Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936) 709-7670.