Evangelization Weekly Bulletin
This Week's FYI's
Office of Special Needs Ministry
- Processing applications for Camp GLOW
- Scheduling priests for Masses
- Prepared and submitted NCPD Education Committee quarterly report for Board meeting
- Met with Pastoral Associate - Our Lady of the Fields
- Met with DRE St. John Severna Park
- Responded to inquiry concerning resources and events
- Several requests for interpreters pending
- · Contact with future Coordinator concerning transitioning into position
- · Planning for upcoming Mass with Deaf community in Frederick
- · Monitor Facebook page for postings submitted and friend requests.
- · Responded to inquiry concerning baptism preparation classes
CATECHETICAL AND PASTORAL:
- Meeting with clergy personnel and Villanova to move toward discounted tuition
- Completed one session with Tim Hogan. Next one is Tuesday with DREs and principals
- Met with Cancer Companions owner about formation for companions and support groups in parishes for those dealing with cancer, their caregivers and families.
- Continued work with IT for registration and tracking for Equip for Ministry
Marriage & Family Life
- Concluded town hall meetings. 60-70 attended. Great informational sessions. St. Mark was cancelled but we are looking at the possibility of an alternate date.
- Conducting a sponsor couple training at St. Paul, EC on 5/14.
- We are working with Federation of Diocesan Liturgical Commissions, on the New Marriage Rite workshop that will be held at Resurrection, EC. July 20, 2016.
Division of Youth and Young Adult Ministry
1. Craig attended CALM meeting in Oakland on Monday
2. Upcoming meetings within the next two weeks: New Youth Ministers Orientation committee, Middle School Youth Ministers, and Cristo Rey intern program
3. Eagle of the Cross recognition is fast approaching. We have 11 awardees have already RSVP’d; We expect a few more.
Respect Life Office
- Maryland Catholic Conference wrap up legislative session May 2
- Gabriel Network – Stephen Wallace – May 3 mtg to discuss collaboration of GN and AOB
- Lecture for Legal Professionals May 5 – organizing for Archb. Lori - Low response so far, but St. Thomas More Society began advertising late. We hope to be back up around 70 attorneys as in recent years.
- Visit the Sick retreat for those who minister to the ill and homebound Sat., May 7 – Julie taking lead organizing, RLO supports by promotion + attendance
- May 10 - Johanna’s due date
- Fortnight for Freedom – June 21-July 4: Archbishop will celebrate this in the Archdiocese. RLO will work with Communications office again to promote/plan as requested.
- Project Rachel: Dates set for upcoming retreats: Come to the Waters of Healing (1-day retreat) Sat., Sept. 10, Nov. 19, Apr. 8; Rachel’s Vineyard weekend retreat Oct. 14-16, Mar. 17-19.
- Maryland March for Life: Planning for and setting Annapolis 101 sessions on faithful citizenship and the legislative process around the state throughout summer and fall.
- Annapolis 201 to occur again in February in Annapolis. We expect physician-assisted suicide to continue to be on the legislative agenda next session.
- Finalizing details for the Mass in the Absence of a Priest workshop.
- Saint Joseph Monastery has now formed a prison ministry and will serve the Jessup prisons.
- Volunteer Appreciation Day for prison volunteers is set for July 9, 2016. Guest speaker is Mark Bevington who will speak about Kairos' Ministry which is exploding within and outside of prisons.
Monsignor O'Dwyer Retreat House $10,000 Annual Raffle
Friday, June 3rd, 6:30pm
Monsignor O'Dwyer Retreat House 15523 York Rd, Sparks Glencoe, MD 21152
The Board of Directors will meet on May 10th for the last time of school year.