- He found, and was the first European to see Brazil on April,22 1500.
- He established trading route to India.
- He was named chief captain of a fleet boat headed to India.
- He was the son of Fernao Alvares Cabral and Isabel Gouveia.
- He was one of five boys and had six sisters.
- He was thought to be born in Belmonte in the Beira Beixa province of Portugal
- He was a descendant of King Alfonso.
- Not a lot was said about his background life and child hood
Impact on Today
- Brazil is a country we know and live on today.
- Today people argue about if reaching Brazil was intentional or not.
- There were trade routes to India used in the Renaissance.
- Out of the 15 ships that were used only 4 returned.
- After they found Brazil they stayed only 10 days before going to India.
- At first Cabral's crew thought that Brazil was an Island.
"Pedro Alvares Cabral." The Mariners Museum. N.p., n.d. Web. 6 Mar. 2014. <http://ageofex.marinersmuseum.org/index.php?type=explorer&id=60>.
"Pedro Alvares Cabral." Wikipedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Mar. 2014. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_%C3%81lvares_Cabral>.
"Pedro Alvares Cabral: Portugal Explorer." Enchanted Learning. N.p., n.d. Web. 6 Mar. 2014. <http://www.enchantedlearning.com/explorers/page/c/cabral.shtml>.