Franklin Special School District
In This Issue
LEAP Grant Application Process
Fall Break Registration
I would like to welcome all new and returning families to a new school year! We are so excited to see familiar faces which we have missed over the summer and look forward to meeting all of our new families. We had a wonderful summer in MAC this year and thank you for sharing your children with us over this time. We would love to hear any feedback and recommendations any of our summer parents have to help our program continue to improve next summer. Please email me with any suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to this new school year. Our site managers are working hard to continue to plan fun activities, as well as, educational enrichment opportunities.
I have just a few reminders for parents.
- As our secretaries learn new parent’s faces, please have your ID available when picking up your child.
- Please make sure and update us throughout the year when you have a new phone number, address, or if any medical information for your child changes.
- Please remember that all children must be picked up by 6:00pm to avoid a late pick up fee.
- Please make sure and sign up if your child will attend on early dismissal or abbreviated days (a sign up sheet will be located at your site before these days occur).
- Please review the MAC holiday calendar to ensure that you are aware of the days MAC is CLOSED this year.
We thank you for entrusting your children’s care with us and look forward to a
wonderful 2016-17 school year.
Franklin Special School District
(615)-790-4719 or (615)-405-2945
Summer MAC Highlights
281 students registered
54 students received one-on-one tutoring
Weekly themes incorporated math, science, reading and art activities
Guest Speakers included Nashville Predators, Franklin Police K-9 unit, Nashville Zoo, News Channel 5, Williamson Co Health Department
Service projects with Williamson Co Animal Shelter and car wash for local first responders
Field trips to Bowie Nature Center, Adventure Science Center, Noble Springs Dairy, Skating, Swimming, Willaimson Co Animal Shleter
Reading incentive program
Family Night art show with over 60 families attending
Williamson County Animal Center
Nothing Bundt Cakes
Williamson County Health Department
Bowie Nature Park
Noble Springs Dairy
Lelan Statum - News Channel 5
Franklin Police Department
Williamson County Sheriff's Department
Adventure Science Center
The Giving Garden
Franklin Special School District Food Service Department
Franklin Fire Department
MAC Site Managers
Ms. Peggy Coffee
Secretary: Nicolette Hardemon
Ms. Jackie Morton
Secretary: Kay Johnson
Mr. Alan Walden
Ms. Kristy Hartley
Secretary: Glenda Gentry
Ms. Debbie Aldis
Secretary: Joyce McKinney
Ms. Angela Kennedy
Secretary: Jonikka Patton
LEAPS Grant Assistance
LEAPS students will receive guided homework help and tutoring with the opportunity to participate in music, art, and physical education activities.
LEAP grant applications will be available soon at each individual MAC site.
MAC PAYMENT INFORMATION
- Payment may be made on site by check or money order, paid online by Click-to-pay, or by calling the MAC central office at 790-4719 to pay by credit card.
- Check: Please write the name of the child/children and the school name on the check – especially if written by someone other than the parents. You may write one check for separate schools as long as there is a breakdown of payment for each school and child.
- Cash: Cash payments will only be taken at the Central Office Annex building weekdays from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Please do not send money (cash or check) to your child’s classroom teacher. IT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
If your payment is mailed, it must reach the Central Office Annex by Friday or it will be late and a late fee will be assessed.
Click-to-pay: If a current email address is on file, a receipt (not a bill to be paid) will be sent weekly. Charges shown on the receipt are for the previous week's charges. If you do not see a credit (indicated by a minus sign, i.e. -25.00) or zero balance, the balance due is late and a late fee has already been applied. A click-to-pay link will be included in the email in order to make payments online.