2. What makes a magnet permanent?
3. What happens to a soft magnet like iron after it is removed from a magnetic field?
4. How would you describe the domains in a ferromagnet?
5. How would you describe the domains in a magnetized substance?
6. How do we describe the difference between the geographic North Pole and the magnetic South Pole?
7. Magnetic fields around a current-carrying wire form _________________________________.
8. Know the right hand rule!!! The force is always ______________ to the current.
9. An electron moving perpendicular to a magnetic field moves in a ___________________.
10. An electron moving parallel to a magnetic field moves in a _____________________.
11. Two parallel wires with current moving in same direction will __________________.
12. Two parallel wires with current moving in opposite directions will _______________.
13. Magnetic field lines always show ______________________.
14. Magnetic fields are always stronger _____________________________________.
15. What is the equation to calculate the strength of a magnetic field?
16.An electron moves north at a velocity of 7.6 ´ 104 m/s and has a magnetic force of 6.2 ´ 10-18 N west exerted on it. If the magnetic field points upward, what is the magnitude of the magnetic field?
17. The magnetic field in the Crab Nebula is about 2 ´ 10-12 T. If an electron moving perpendicular to this field is affected by a magnetic force of 2.4 ´10-18 N, what is the electron’s speed?
18. Suppose an electron moves at a speed of 1.8 ´ 103 m/s on the surface of the Sun. Suppose the Sun has a magnetic field of 3.4 ´ 10-3 T perpendicular to the electron’s path. What is the magnetic force exerted on the electron by the Sun?