A Message from Dr. Frischkorn
Today marks the end of the 1st semester of school. We have been in school for half a year. When students return on January 6th, they will be starting the 3rd quarter.
I hope that everyone has a restful winter break and gets to spend time with family and friends. Take time to relax and read a good book. I just purchased 3 books that I'm excited to read over the winter break.
Dr. Donald Frischkorn
A Day/B Day Schedule for the Upcoming Week
1/6/2019- B Day
1/7/2019- A Day
1/8/2019- B Day
1/9/2019- A Day
1/10/2019- B Day
Mayfield's Winter Door Decorating Contest
Reminder: The School Day Starts at 7:15 AM
Inclement Weather Update
**It is important that you follow Manassas City Public Schools. Do not get confused with Prince William County Schools or Manassas Park City Schools.
As we near the end of fall and winter is aggressively knocking on our doors, please review the following information should there be the need to depart early, delay or close school due to inclement weather.
Please note that weather related decisions are always taken seriously with the safety of students and staff as the primary consideration. The timing of inclement weather instances will determine whether or not decisions can be made the day before or the morning of the inclement weather condition. Except in unusual circumstances that call for emergency measures, the decision will be made prior to 5:30 a.m. on the morning of a closing or delay in opening, so that the information can be broadcast on the news media prior to 6:00 a.m.
Decisions will be communicated:
- through the media (major news channels and radio),
- by phone/email/text message using the Connect 5 system,
- on division websites,
- on social media and the MCPS app
News Club Starting in January! RAK, Art Club and 6th Grade Girls BBall
Support our Schools!
- 12/21/2019 to 1/5/2020- Winter Break
- 1/6/2020- Students Return from Winter Break/Start of the 3rd Quarter
- 1/10/2020- Student of the Month Celebration
- 1/17/2020- 1st Semester Honor Roll Ceremony
- 1/20/2020- Martin Luther King Jr Day- School Division is Closed
- 2/7/2020- 3rd Quarter Interims go home
- 2/13/2020- Early Release at 11:20- Parent Teacher Conferences
- 2/14/2020- Early Release at 11:20- Parent Teacher Conferences
- 2/17/2020- 7:00 PM Parent Advisory Meeting