Week 4 Edition of the Mayfield Messenger
Message from Dr. Frischkorn
Good Evening Mayfield Intermediate School students and families!
I want to highlight our phenomenal staff at Mayfield Intermediate School! Our school is so fortunate to be fully staffed with homeroom teachers, special education teachers, ESOL teachers, and encore teachers. Not only are we fully staffed, but we also have some of the best teachers in the area. Our students are fortunate to have teachers here at Mayfield Intermediate School who want to ensure each student succeeds.
Our entire staff has come together and formed a terrific team. This was highlighted this week when one of our instructional assistants said goodbye to our students and staff. Mr. Randle has worked at Mayfield for the past year. He and his family are relocating to Tampa Bay, and our team wanted to come together and celebrate Mr. Randle for the work he has done for our students and the support he has provided our staff.
We are currently in the process of hiring a couple of instructional assistants to join our team. We are looking for individuals committed to working collaboratively, ensuring students' needs are met, and enhancing our staff team at Mayfield. If you are interested, please take a moment to fill out an application on the Manassas City website.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JOBS AVAILABLE WITHIN MANASSAS CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Dr. Donald Frischkorn
Back-to-School Night at Mayfield Intermediate
Tuesday, Sep. 6th, 5-7pm
9400 Mayfield Court
Create you Parent Portal Account
Creating Your Parent Portal Account
- Go to this URL: https://ps.mcpsva.org/public/home.html
- Click on Create Account.
- Click on Create Account again.
- Enter your information (first name, last name, email, desired username, and password). Please note the password must be at least six (6) characters long.
- In the Link Students to Account section, enter your child’s name, access ID, and access password (included on the letter mailed home). Identify your relationship with the child. Repeat this step if you have additional children attending MCPS. You can link up to seven different accounts.
- When you are finished, click Enter.
- After you click Enter, you will be brought to the Student and Parent Sign In page, where you can access your Parent Portal Account.
- If you forget your username or password, click the forgot username or password option at the bottom of the sign-in screen. Enter your username and email address that was used to establish the account, and you will receive an email allowing you to reset your password.
Parent Portal Dashboard
The Parent Portal has a blue header running across the upper portion of the screen. If a parent has more than one child linked to his/her account, the parent can view different children by clicking on each student's name. On the left side of the screen is the main navigation menu and each option is defined below:
- Grades/Attendance: Displays grades and attendance.
- Grade History: Shows a summary of grades for each year the student has been enrolled.
- Attendance History: Provides an attendance report for the current term.
- E-mail Notification: Allows parents to select options for email alerts.
- Teacher Comments: Displays the selected terms, teacher comments, by class.
- School Bulletin: Displays an daily announcement the school may have posted for parents.
- Class Registration: Allows parents to view student's course requests for the upcoming year if the school uses online course registration.
- My Schedule: Provides a view of a student’s current schedule.
- School Information: Provides contact information for the school that a student attends.
- Account Preferences: Allows parents to change their login credentials or add additional students to their account.
- Returning Student Registration: Provides parents the opportunity to update their address, phone numbers, email address, emergency contacts, etc. This is only available during the months of August and September.
Gifted and Talented Referrals
Manassas City Public Schools are accepting referrals for students in our gifted and talented program. Please take a moment to complete the Google Form below. We believe that many of our students display the characteristics of students who could receive gifted and talented support in school. Parents play a vital role in identifying the students who demonstrate these characteristics.
Please answer all questions provided and submit the form at the end. If you have any questions or issues related to filling out the form or GT programming generally, please contact Anthony Vargas, Supervisor of GT and Advanced Programming, at email@example.com .
Favor responda a todas las preguntas y oprima "Submit" al completar el formulario. Si tiene alguna pregunta ó problema al llenar este formulario ó alguna pregunta relacionada al programa de GT (Dotados y Talentosos) en general, favor comuníquese con Anthony Vargas, Director del Programa para Dotados y Talentosos y de Programas Avanzados, enviando un correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org .
6th Grade Boys Basketball Signup Begins Wednesday, September 7
Participation Competition Expectations
This program aims to introduce the basic fundamental skills to all participants and ensure that each participant is given equal time to play throughout the season regardless of individual skill level. Participants will be expected to respect sportsmanship and fair play.
Academic / Behavioral Expectations
Players must achieve passing grades in each subject to be eligible to play. Teachers and Administrators will review Grades. If failing any subject, the player will become temporarily ineligible until grades have improved. Players must attend for the entire day at School to participate in the games scheduled for that given day. A player will not be eligible to participate for a day of competition if he has been issued a School-Based or Bus Referral during the season. The issuance of more than one referral during the season will result in a full suspension from the program.