December 8th - 12th
Today will never come again. Be a blessing. Be a friend. Encourage someone. Take time to care. Let your words bring a smile, lift and inspire. - Unknown
I apologize for the late delivery of the newsletter. Today was filled with church, decorating Dad's house for Christmas, raking the leaves in his yard and welcoming house guests WAY earlier than expected. (YIKES!!!) 'Tis the season…
This week, as their gift to the staff, PTA will be wrapping gifts for us. If you plan to take advantage of this service, please make sure that your gifts are properly packed in boxes and a form is completely filled out so that the volunteers can work most efficiently. In addition, please be sure to thank the PTA for this service. At this time of year, the gift of time is one of the greatest gifts anyone could give. I know that they would appreciate hearing that from you.
We are having a Team Leader Meeting today after school. If you would like to add a topic to the agenda, please click on the link to add the discussion point. http://goo.gl/forms/5bi55wyiEk.
Make today count!
Volunteers During After School Duty
If you would like to volunteer to help support our positive behavior notes during dismissal, please click on the link below. A jeans pass will be issued for each volunteer slot that you sign up to serve. Please note that if you are already scheduled to that location as a duty, it would not be appropriate to volunteer for a position the same time you have duty.
Remind for Staff
- Relle - Thank you for being one of the best problem solvers that I know! You are greatly appreciated. -jl
- Stacie - Thank you for being my Sonic Fairy! Your timing could not have been more perfect. -JL
- Jennifer – Thank you for saving me from my migraine on Thursday. I don't know what I would have done without you!! ~Amber
- Carin, Ashley, Marley, Jean, & Laura – Thank you for all of your support when I was out on Wednesday. I love my team! You all are so great!! ~Amber
- Donna – Thank you for all you do for us! :) ~Amber
- Lynn & Melanie – Thank you for all you did to get things ready for our 3rd grade's animal research projects. You both are very much appreciated! ~3rd Grade
- Bravo, Nash, JD, Sinclair, Sylvia, Nurse Vicki, & Snyder.... Thanks for all the late night cabin talks & giggles, and fun time shenanigans!!! Bodmer
- Thank you Sylvia for saving the day and loaning me your flippies!!! Bodmer
- Nash... Your outstanding hard work and dedication with Camp truly is evident this year!!! Bodmer
- 5th grade teachers- thank you for an amazing camp experience! Your commitment to your students shines through everything you do! SL
- Vicky- Thank you for all of the hard work and preparation that went into getting our kiddos ready for camp! Your organization is unmatched! SL
- Jenny- You are such an amazing role model and teacher for your students! Thank you for ensuring your boys had an unforgettable camp experience! SL
- Amber-Thank you SO much for helping me study for hours upon hours for my ESL test. You are seriously amazing! -Kam
- Thank you specials team for allowing us to have extra planning time this week!! Lisa
- Thanks to my Kinder team for staying focused and getting things done during our extra planning time this week. Lisa
- Barbara - Thank you for my Snoopy T-shirt & a much needed Starbucks... LY Friend. - Stacie
- Shiela (& Abigail) - Thank you for my yummy peppermint cookies... Hugs to ya both ! - Stacie
- Daniel - Thank you for always making me laugh.... We're so happy you're with us!!! - Stacie
- Valerie- Thank you for switching duty with me while I was out, Maria
- 2nd grade- Thank you for all of your help and understanding while I was out, you guys are the BEST, Maria
- Thank you to everyone who sent me texts, emails, and messages after my surgery, I am blessed to work with each and every one of you, Maria
- Thank you McGowen Staff that supported 5th grade camp and bought jeans passes.... You made a difference and helped make memories that last a lifetime! 5th grade team
- Stacie Bullock and Donna, you both helped so much in the office when we returned from camp. Thank you for your help! 5th grade team
- Thank you Caballero and Burford for taking care of Justis while I was gone. I appreciate it more than you know! Bodmer
- Thank you so much Shana for coming to my rescue on Friday afternoon & fixing the copier! You are my hero!!! ~Krystina
- Thank you to the teams that I have already met with to have our DRA2 follow up discussion. I appreciated your time and attention and please know that I am here to help you! -Michelle C.
- I wanted to thank my team for adjusting the Ateam meeting on Friday to the afternoon b/c of my IC meeting. I love y'all! - Michelle C.
Focus for 2014 - 2015
· Providing all students with at least one year’s growth
· Closing the achievement gaps in our subgroups
· Utilize data to drive instruction
· Collaborative team planning and lesson design to promote higher level thinking and student engagement
· Posting learning and language targets daily in student friendly terms
Save the Date
PTA's Gift to the Staff
McGowen Christmas Party
A-Team's Gift to the Staff
McKinney ISD's Vision, Mission and Beliefs
Any time we have an idea, concern, solution and/or comment, this is the filter through which we should speak. Let's help each other live up to our vision, mission, and beliefs.
We are a cohesive, diverse community providing engaging learning experiences for all.
We will provide engaging learning experiences so students can become effective communicators, quality contributors and socially responsible citizens.
- Partnerships between students, parents, community members and staff are foundational to educational success.
- Positive school culture and a safe environment foster growth.
- Everyone has inherent value and deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Learning is an active process requiring engaging tasks and engaging minds.
- Relevant and authentic experiences ignite continuous, deeper learning.
- Meaningful relationships enrich learning.
- Confidence fuels risk taking and higher achievement.
- Financial stewardship ensures a tomorrow for education.