on the right track - plan
grade 8 design cycle guide
Sept 10th Tuesday - create a plan
- Action - create a detailed plan.
- Resources - calendar, smore, computer and internet
- Time 30-60min
12 - Stand Alone layout and style focus
13 - Stand Alone content focus
Sept. 17th Tuesday - Spreadsheet skills and layout focus
- Action - establish the basic features of spreadsheets and create the basic structure of the table.
- Resources - Excel or Numbers spreadsheet, MYP assessment info and a computer.
- Time - 60-90 min
20 - Library Day - no class
24 - Spreadsheet content focus.
Sept. 26th Thursday - arrive to class with STAND ALONE fully completed and the SPREADSHEET fully completed for TESTING.
- Action - testing.
- Resources - completed spreadsheet and standalone presentation, testing group (5 friends) and also feedback sheet.
- Time - 60 min
Plan ~ Assessment Criterion C
0The student does not reach a standard described by any of the descriptors below.
1 — 2The student produces a plan that contains some details of the steps and/or the resources required.
3 — 4The student produces a plan that contains a number of logical steps that include resources and time. The student makes some attempt to evaluate the plan.
5 — 6The student produces a plan that contains a number of detailed, logical steps that describe the use of resources and time. The student critically evaluates the plan and justifies any modifications to the design.