Holding and Serving
by: Jinny Hunt
Do's and Don'ts
- Have the holding temp. at 135 degrees or above for hot and 41 degrees or below for cold.
- Don't have between 41 and 135 degrees when holding.
- Do carry the plate from beneath or hold the edges of the plate.
- Don't have long hair not tied back when cooking or serving.
Proper techniques to ensure safety
- Keep long hair tied back.
- Keep equipment clean and sanitized.
- Hold from beneath or the side edges of the plate.
- Hold at the correct temps.
- Clean utensels after each serving.
- Avoid bare-hand contact with food