Genetically Modified Food
The ups and downs to Genetically Modified Food
Benefits to Genetically Modified Foods.
- plants able to withstand weather extreme
- Better-quality food crops
- Inexpensive and nutritious food, such as carrots with more antioxidants
- Foods with a longer shelf life, like tomatoes that taste better and last longer
Risks of Genetically Modified Food
- New allergens could be inadvertently created
- Antibiotic resistance may develop
- Cross-breeding may happen
- Pesticide-resistant insects
- Health effects
I think it would be in everyone's best interest if these genetically modified foods were labeled. Most of the research I did people didn't like the fact they didn't know if there food was being genetically modified. I also think it would be helpful for those who are allergic to things so they know its safe for them to eat or not.