Weekly Bulletin - Week of May 1st
Weekly Principal's Note:
This is a very busy week on campus, beginning with tonight's Spring Fling. Please attend, if you can. The families love to see you there and it's going to be a great evening. We also have Teacher Appreciation activities, which have been put together by an amazingly dedicated Parent Service Club. Thursday, at Mass, we will have three Baptisms and May Crowning. Saturday evening, we will celebrate First Holy Communion for many of our 2nd and 3rd graders at the 5 pm Mass. And then, there is all of the prep for Saturday night's big event, the Gala! Beyond all of this, we will have many tours, as the enrollment season heats up (we had five families in yesterday alone!). So, get some rest this weekend...we all need to be on our game next week! :)
Have a great week!
- Please attend the Spring Fling, if possible. It is from 5 - 8 pm.
- Beginning today, we have tours scheduled every day this week! Yeah!!
- Lesson Plans should be DONE...all subjects!
- Teachers/staff will have a special lunch provided by the Parent Service Club. This will be from 12 - 1 for all teachers. Parent volunteers will be in to cover all duties (lunch, recess, nap time for Pre-K, etc.). Your lunch times will not change.
- Staff Meeting at 3:15 pm...in Jamie's room.
- First Communion Practice at 6 pm in the church (Parents are required to attend...length of practice not determined).
- Parent Service Club Meeting at 8 am.
- All School Mass at 9 am. For Saint of the Day info, just click on the following site: http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/050516.cfm Saint info is always at the top of the page for each date.
- Baptisms for Anderson, Flynn, and Lucy at Mass.
- May Crowning at Mass - All students bring a single live flower for the procession...teachers, please decorate a bucket for your procession.
- Special assembly for all grades at 1:45 pm. This was arranged by the Parent Service Club. Please have kids packed up before the assembly.
- Gala decorating, no use of lunch room or auditorium.
Saturday, May 7th:
- First Holy Communion for 2nd and 3rd graders at Holy Rosary Church at 5 pm. Please attend if you can, to show support for these kiddos. It's a big day.
- The gala is at 6 pm this evening. Please pray for a successful event!! If you are able to donate, please access the link on our web page (hrrsjda.org), click on the "Donate Now" button and select "Tuition Assistance" from the drop-down menu under "Campaign". ALL donations to tuition assistance will be DOUBLED by some special donors. No donation is too small. Thank you!!
Gala: We Need Everyone's Help
Please make sure to include this in your weekly newsletter:
Our biggest fundraiser of the year, the Celebración gala, is at 6 pm this Saturday, May 7th. Please pray for a successful event!! If you are not able to attend but are able to donate, please access the link on our web page (hrrsjda.org), click on the "Donate Now" button and select "Tuition Assistance" from the drop-down menu under "Campaign". ALL donations to tuition assistance will be DOUBLED by some special donors. No donation is too small. Please support this worthy cause! Thank you!!
Just a Couple of Reminders:
- There have been a couple minor issues involving confidentiality with our students, recently. This can be a tricky situation, since we really share our kids, from the different classes to the lunch room. Beyond this, some of our staff members are also parents. So, this is just a friendly reminder...Please make sure that you are not sharing information that does not need to be shared. If you are in a parent role, please understand the line between what is appropriate to discuss as a parent versus what can be discussed as a staff member. It is important that we all work together for each and every child, but sometimes we need to remember that information can flow too freely. If you have any questions or concerns about a particular matter, please check in with me. Thanks!!
Staff meeting protocol:
- We made the decision to only meet every two weeks, so that the other week could be used for collaborative planning. I think this is great! Because of this, however, the limited time we spend at staff meetings is very special/sacred. It is our time to make sure everyone is on the same page and has the information they need, as well as to discuss important matters. It may not seem like a big deal when small side conversations occur, but it can be very disrespectful to the speaker and people miss hearing valuable information. Please be respectful of the meetings by not engaging in side conversation or bringing other things to work on during the meeting. Even though we like to have fun, it is still a professional meeting. Thank you for your help with this.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING EVENTS!!
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THESE ON YOUR CALENDAR AND IN YOUR PARENT NEWSLETTER!
Saturday, April 30th, 5-8pm
504 South 30th Street
Families can pre-purchase tickets for $5/person (through the office) or $7/person at the door. It will be a fantastic event, complete with lip-syncing!