March 23, 2015
A Principal's Perspective
Happy Spring Break! We made it!!! Exit Now!
2015, Bring It!
Morning Duties of the Week
Morning Assembly (7:30): Ellis
Gym (7:20): S. Anderson
Cafeteria (7:20): Leroux
Bus (7:20): Dungan
Parent Drop Off Directing Traffic (7:30): Littlefield
Parent Drop Off (7:30): McMurray & Cooper
Librarian: At PC
Guidance Lessons: 3rd & 4th
Week at a Glance
Week before GP Rodeo!
Monday: Please send home any rodeo notes & talk it up with the kids.
Tuesday: TELPAS Testing for 2nd, 3rd & 4th in library
Wednesday: CAMP Switch 3rd & 4th grade due to 3rd math benchmarking
Thursday: 2nd Grade OPAS @ 11:15
Friday: ELA Meetings
Saturday: Mustang Rodeo Day 10:00-3:00
News & Notes
Custodians will be on campus next week Monday - Thursday. Custodial hours will be: Monday-Thursday 7:00-3:30.
Please keep Joshua Rhine and his family in your thoughts and prayers. They will be having a funeral service Friday for his mom.
Rodeo News & Updates
GP Rodeo Details:
GP rodeo is a fun family, staff, and community event. It is a primary fundraiser for our school. Of all of our PTO events, participating/attending in any way is much appreciated. We want to support our PTO as they support us. There are lots of ways to get involved. This is an interesting rodeo time because we don't have the extra week after spring break!
- Baked Goods - Sign up in the office workroom to bake a pie, cake, or cookies to be able to wear jeans the week after rodeo (March 30-April 2nd & Monday, April 6th). Please bring your baked item on Friday, 3/27, to the office. The baked items will be sold (tickets) in the BBQ lunch line.
- Baking Contest - Enter the Baked Goods Contest (entry form in office). Follow the contest rules (includes a $5 entry fee) and bring your entry by Friday, 3/27, at 4:00. Entry forms are in the office. Wear jeans March 30-April 2nd & Monday, April 6th . Please note: you do not have to do both the baked goods and baking contest. If interested, just pick one. If you win the baking contest, I will cover your class for a 1/2 day!
- Volunteer -Volunteer to be a judge in the baking contest on Friday afternoon, 3/27, beginning at 4:00 in science lab. Sign up is in the office workroom. Volunteer Saturday to sell tickets, help with washer tournament or help with volunteers. Sign up is in the office workroom.
- We need a Washer Tournament Coordinator. If you know all about washers, come see me!
- Pie In Face - Okay we have six pie in the face volunteers. We need 4 more. If interested in yummy pie, please let me know this week. This is very popular in Morning Assembly. Pie in the Face will be Monday, April 6th, due to STAAR that the week of March 30th.
- Attend - If you are able to attend sometime on Saturday, come on and enjoy the fun! Enjoy eating great BBQ, eat some pie/cake/cookies and enjoy the bands. Fun Day!!!!
- Talk It Up! - Please encourage your students to attend. If you are excited, they will be excited!
The number one U.S. Spring Break destination is Panama City Beach, Florida.