November 6th - November 10th
Student Holiday - 11/7
Travis is a polling site. Be sure to let your voice be heard and vote on election day if you haven't voted yet and double check your voting location. Election day voting is based on your mailing address.
FROM MRS. SMITH
Our next event will be Jumpapalooza on December 14th. We are in need of parent volunteers that day to supervise students (along with our staff) at the obstacle course bounce houses we will have at the event for students.
The event is a free event during the school day for all students to celebrate the end of the school semester.
Please consider volunteering at the school on December 14th. We will send out a sign-up genius closer to the event for parents to sign up for time slots. In the meantime be sure to sign up to be an approved volunteer through the district website.
Charita Smith, Principal
Intermediate Schools Cell Phone/Smartwatch Policy
The Conroe ISD Board adopted new guidelines regarding student cell phone use during the October Board meeting. While it is not a substantial guideline change at the elementary level, there are changes in which parents need to be aware. Our Foundations team is working to ensure that these procedures are being implemented on our campus and that we are helping students adapt to these changes. The student handbook is currently being updated to reflect these changes. The new guidelines state the following:
Cell phones and smartwatches may be used respectfully and responsibly before school and after school.
Cell phones and smartwatches should not be used to capture video, audio, or images at school or on the bus.
Cell phones and smartwatches should be set on silent mode and kept in backpacks, lockers, or other designated storage areas and should not be visible during school hours including instructional time, reward time, free time, lunch, and in the hallways.
Use of cell phones and smartwatches may be permitted in extenuating circumstances with permission from a staff member. (ex. to notify parent/ guardian of a late bus)
Vapes in Schools
Students caught vaping or in possession of a vape in Texas risk harsh punishments. This affects school aged students from age 10-17.
Some vape cartridges may contain the key ingredient in marijuana, THC, which is a felony in Texas. A new bill passed this year (effective 9/1/23) requires that students caught vaping, in possession of a vape or delivering marihuana or e-cigarettes be removed from class and placed in a “disciplinary alternative education program.”
Please speak with your child about the dangers of vapes and vaping and the potential consequences.
Referral Requests for Gifted and Talented Testing
Referrals will be accepted October 2- December 15, 2023. You may request a referral form from the front office or from Ms. Dominguez, our Assistant Principal. You can also find the referral form and other GT information on the CISD GT homepage.
Automated Library Notifications
If you don’t have a PAC account, you will need to register for one to access the email settings. You can also view the item(s) your student checked out by logging in to Destiny Discover through your student's SSO account. You can further manage your student’s access to library materials by completing the Library Access Form found on the Library Services website along with viewing other helpful information.
Prop A includes funds for land for some of the schools in Bond 2023 and future schools, transportation, and technology infrastructure. Transportation funds will be used to buy buses and make transportation department improvements. Technology infrastructure funds will be used to update and replace aging components that maintain speed, reliability, and security of the network.
Get more information about Bond 2023 at www.conroeisd.net/bond
Election Day is Tuesday, November 7th.
Early Pickup Cutoff Time and Transportation Changes
We don't take transportation changes by telephone. Transportation change requests need to be in writing. You may send a note to school with the child or you may email the change to the following email addresses listed below.
Ms. Ramirez (Receptionist) - firstname.lastname@example.org
General email- email@example.com
Safety is a Top Concern
Additionally our front office staff have camera access to see what is happening on the outside of the building while we are on the inside of the building. You will also see a CISD police officer patrolling the area and frequently conducting campus walkthroughs.
If you see a concern please don't hesitate to call our front office!
Things to Know
Dismissal Tags:Please remind students to bring their dismissal tags to school daily and wear them around their neck during the school day (with the exception of PE and walk and talk). If a student loses their tag there is a $5 charge to print a new one.
A Note about Buses:
Intermediate campuses are the third tier for bus dismissal. We come after the high school and elementary schools. Some buses will frequently dismiss at a later time. If you have questions about your child's bus don't hesitate to contact the school.
Dropping Off Items:
Please note, lunches left at home may not be dropped off at this time. If your child forgets their lunch, they will receive a meal provided by the cafeteria.
(We are still receiving items from our wish-list. We will soon get our school store up and running with the student gameroom following shortly after. Thank you for the donations!)
Travis Intermediate is a school located in Conroe ISD. We are a Title 1 campus with 96% economically disadvantaged students. At Travis Intermediate, we set high standards for our students. Our focus is the whole child; promoting successful learners and problem solvers, while fostering appropriate socialization and acceptance.
We created this list to ask our wonderful community to help us fill our PBIS Store and help build our game room. When students follow expectations, we want to reward them through our campus wide PBIS Program. Please consider purchasing one or more items to help us fill our store. Also please consider sharing our list with others.
Car Rider Important Information
Car Rider Tags:
All car rider tags will only be given to a parent or guardian. That parent/guardian may ask for as many tags as necessary to pass out to other drivers picking up their child.
Dress Code Highlights
- Tennis shoes are required for PE and for walk and talk daily. Wheeled shoes, house shoes, slides, flip flops and crocs should not be worn because they pose a safety threat.
- Pants with holes or rips must be worn with tights or shorts long enough to cover the students thighs.
- Pants should be worn at waist level, not sagging.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses should be fingertip length. When arms are straight down along a student's side, material should be long enough to touch the tips of the fingers.
- Clothing that may refer to or advertise tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, narcotics or any other prohibited substance or displays vulgar/inappropriate language, obscenities, or graphics/pictures of any kind that are inappropriate for the school setting are not allowed.
- Hoods covering the head should not be worn in common areas inside the building. (hallways, cafeteria, auditorium)
Applications for Free or Reduced Lunch
- When you sign up for free and reduced meals every year you not only support your family with a needed benefit, but Travis Intermediate also receives increased funding for the school year. That extra funding is purely based on the number of students who receive service. You are helping your family and the school by completing the application every year. Please do not miss out on these available benefits.
- Complete one application per household. Eligibility is based on family income and size, or if the family has a SNAP or TANF number. The guidelines are located on the Free and Reduced Application.
- Parents will be notified if the students are eligible for Free/Reduced Meals.
- Students who participated in the Free/Reduced program during the previous year in Conroe ISD may continue to eat at the same Free/Reduced status for the first 30 days of school. When a new application is completed before the 30-grace period ends, the new status overrides last year’s status.
- Applications may take up to 10 days to process.
- Foster children are eligible for free meals. Please contact our office with student information for faster processing or fill out an online application.
- You, your children, or other household members do not have to be U.S. citizens to apply.
- All student financial information is kept confidential in the Child Nutrition Office.
Please do not miss out on this benefit, complete your application as soon as possible.
Register for Bus Transportation
Parent Access Center
Parents/Guardians wishing to access this service must have a valid email address.
Please go to the following link and follow the directions below:
Click the “Student/Parent” tab
Click on “Parent Access Center”
Sign up for Parent Access to stay up to date with your child's grades and more.
Follow Us On Social Media
Stay in touch with CISD by downloading our new mobile app!
Download the app on your mobile device today and select ‘yes’ to receive push notifications with the latest news and updates from the District.
- Push Notifications - Select ‘yes’ when you download the app to receive the latest push notifications from the District.
- Calendar Events - Add events to the calendar on your personal mobile device directly from the calendar section on the app.
- News - Check out the latest District-wide and school news all in one place!
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.