Physicians and Surgeons
- Diagnose and treat injuries or illness.
- Examine patients.
- Take medical histories.
- Prescribe medications.
- Order, perform, and interpret diagnostic tests.
You will work in nursing homes, hospitals, and offices. You also may have to travel back and forth between places if on call.
Days & Hours Worked
- Work full time.
- Work long, irregular hours.
Starting Salary and Salary Range With Experience
You start out making $90/hour or around $187,000/year. You can be making $200,000+/year with experience.
I think the benefits of this job are that you can make good money without having to kill yourself physically.
You will need at least a bachelor's degree. No specific major is required, but you need to take the MCAT, submit transcripts, and submit letters of recommendation.
- Communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Leadership skills
Work hard in every aspect of school. Pay attention to detail.
3 Positive Aspects
- You get to help people and see them smile.
- You make good money.
- You work inside.
3 Negative Aspects
- People could die while you're performing surgery on them.
- There can be a lot of blood.
- It takes a lot of schooling.