Volume 18, Issue 11 Friday, January 6, 2023
What's Coming Up?
- Now until January 13, 2023 - Recycle Christmas Lights at SCE and Admin Building - Bins are outside SCE Door 2
- Thursday, January 12 - Adrenaline Action Park Fundraiser - See Flyer Below
- Monday, January 16 - NO SCHOOL for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr Day
- Thursday, January 19 - PTO Meeting at 7PM
- Friday, February 17 - NO SCHOOL for scheduled E-Learning Day. Login to Canvas
- Monday, February 20 - NO SCHOOL for Presidents Day
- Tuesday, February 21 - Flex Day
Car line drop-off is from 7:30-7:40 with staff outside. Please walk students to the Main Office if no staff are outside.
THE LUNCH MENU HAS BEEN UPDATED! Click to visit the HSE Food Services site. The updated Lunch Menu is also linked on ParentSquare.
Call us - Leave a Voicemail - Send an Email - Update SDM
- Is your student going to be absent or late?
- Are you traveling extra days around school breaks?
- Is your student leaving for an appointment?
Please update School Dismissal Manager, call 317-915-4270 and leave a voicemail, or email email@example.com and your student's teacher .
Thanks! We appreciate hearing from our families.
Box Tops for Education
At Kroger.com, search Community Rewards. Link your Shopper's Card to Sand Creek Elementary and you're good to go.
Click here to sign up. Spaces are limited. See the Flyer below for more information.
Community Wide Food Drive on Monday, January 16
Music Links - Songs for Each Grade
Social Emotional Learning Lessons - Week 17
Kindergarten: Emotion Management - Sometimes We Feel Sad
- Students will be able to give at least one reason why they think someone is feeling sad. Reference zones of regulation & reset strategies during this unit.
First Grade: Emotion Management - Sometimes We Feel Worried
- Students will be able to name a reason for why they think someone feels worried. Reference zones of regulation & reset strategies during this unit.
Second Grade: Digital Citizenship: Device-Free Moments and That's Private (2 lessons)
- Students will be able to recognize the ways in which digital devices can be distracting. Students will be able to identify how they feel when others are distracted by their devices. Students will be able to identify ideal device-free moments for themselves and others.
- Students will recognize the kind of information that is private and understand that they should never give out private information online.
Third Grade: Take a Break!
- Students will be able to recognize when and how to take a break to regulate a strong emotion. Reference zones of regulation and coping skills toolbox during this unit.
Fourth Grade: Growth Mindset and Goal Setting: Checking our Progress
- Students will be able to evaluate progress toward a class goal so they can make adjustments if needed.
Please click here to visit the HSE District Page for more information on Social Emotional Learning.
Social emotional learning (SEL) is the process through which children and adults acquire and apply skills necessary to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions.
Hamilton Southeastern Schools believes that these skills, along with academic knowledge, will prepare our students to succeed in life beyond their school years.
Social and emotional skills are often referred to as one’s emotional intelligence or EQ. According to CASEL there is growing research that suggests the IQ and EQ are connected and both critical in the development of the “whole child.” Research shows that students with strong SEL skills have increased academic performance and are less likely to engage in risk taking behaviors.
Click to visit the HSE website to view District Calendars for this year and future years.
Sand Creek Elementary
11420 East 131st Street, Fishers, Indiana 46038
Building Hours 7AM- 3:30PM
Assistant Principal Christina Vetter