December 1, 2022
In Father Tim’s homily he told us that a little girl came up to him asking, “Are you Jesus?” Father Tim said to us that Jesus chose four Apostles to work like Jesus. He then explained how Advent is a season of loving others and expectation for the next coming of Jesus. Father Tim saw in the little girl’s eyes the loving eyes of God and Father Tim said. “I am being like Jesus and so are you”. Rawan, 7th grade
In Mass today, Father Tim told us how a little girl asked him if he was Jesus. Although confused at first, Father Tim realized this was a message from God asking if he was being like Jesus. Jesus chose the first four Apostles who left their regular life behind to follow Jesus. We can be like the Apostles and follow in God’s footsteps. Evie, 7th grade
Father Tim was asked, “Are you Jesus?” He responded with “No, I am Father Tim.” Sofia, the girl, repeated the question. Father Tim then realized that God was speaking to him through Sofia. Father Tim told us how we have to act and speak as Jesus would. Father Tim told Sofia, “I am being like Jesus and so are you. Gabriela, 7th grade
Book Fair Volunteers Needed
Christmas Singing Grams
sweets with santa
Noon dismissal and no aftercare
PreK through Grade 2: 10am
Grades 3 through 5, Band, Concert Choir: 6pm
All students should dress in Christmas Sunday Best! Church doors will open thirty minutes before the show starts. Please watch for additional information to be forthcoming.
Christmas Shopping on Amazon? With one special click of the mouse, you can earn money for St. Joseph Catholic School. Please consider signing up on Amazon Smile. Every little bit helps! https://smile.amazon.com/ch/20-5452342
now offering breakfast
Middle School Youth Ministry Christmas Party
All middle school students are invited to celebrate advent with a Christmas party on December 14. The students will participate in a variety of Christmas-themed games in the anticipation of the Christmas season. For this social night, we’ll briefly discuss advent and traditions leading up Christmas. Pizza and water will be provided.
This is a white elephant party, so please be sure to bring a gift that is under $10. Wear an ugly Christmas sweater as part of the fun!
Middle School Youth Ministry Service Project
Please sign up for this service opportunity at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C094EA8AE2EA0F9C07-christmasSign-ups close on Dec. 4th, so please be sure to register your child before then. In December, the coordinator for the Nativity will contact those signed up about group practice times and roles
Gospel Reading this Sunday, The Second Sunday of Advent
and saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!"
It was of him that the prophet Isaiah had spoken when he said:
A voice of one crying out in the desert,
Prepare the way of the Lord,
make straight his paths.
John wore clothing made of camel's hair
and had a leather belt around his waist.
His food was locusts and wild honey.
At that time Jerusalem, all Judea,
and the whole region around the Jordan
were going out to him
and were being baptized by him in the Jordan River
as they acknowledged their sins.
When he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees
coming to his baptism, he said to them, "You brood of vipers!
Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?
Produce good fruit as evidence of your repentance.
And do not presume to say to yourselves,
'We have Abraham as our father.'
For I tell you,
God can raise up children to Abraham from these stones.
Even now the ax lies at the root of the trees.
Therefore every tree that does not bear good fruit
will be cut down and thrown into the fire.
I am baptizing you with water, for repentance,
but the one who is coming after me is mightier than I.
I am not worthy to carry his sandals.
He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
His winnowing fan is in his hand.
He will clear his threshing floor
and gather his wheat into his barn,
but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire." - Mt 3:1-2
This section of the Eagle's Eye will remain in every edition of our newsletter. It will contain links to information that parents may need from time to time. When parents have questions, we urge you to check this section for possible links that could get you the information that you need.
- School Calendar: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/calendar-for-parents.pdf
- Parent-Student Handbook: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/St.-Joseph-Parent-Student-Handbook-2022-202-Repaired.pdf
- Menus: https://stjosephwhschool.nutrislice.com/
- Registering for a Lunch Account: https://www.payschoolscentral.com/
- PikMyKid User Guide: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/1-_Parent-App-User-Guide_English_2021.pdf
- Fingerprinting/Safe Environment Certification Instructions: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/SEC-with-Code.pdf
- Fingerprinting/Safe Environment Certification: https://www.orlandodiocese.org/safe-environment/english/
- Uniform Company: https://store.sirwalteruniforms.com/schools/st-josephs-winter-haven.html
- FACTS Family Portal Login: https://logins2.renweb.com/logins/ParentsWeb-Login.aspx
- FACTS Family Portal Instructions: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/FACTS_Family_Portal_Parent_Access_Instructions.pdf
- Logging Service Hours: Parents and students can now enter and view their own service hours. You can use your app to view the hours, however, you have to use the web version to enter new hours. go https://logins2.renweb.com/logins/parentsweb-login.aspx The district code is STJC-FL. Once logged in, click on the Family option in the menu on the left side. At the top of the screen, select the family member who will be adding the service hours. Click on the Add option on the right side of the screen in the Service Hours box. Fill out the information and click Save.
St. Joseph Prayer
St. Joseph Catholic School
Principal: Mrs. Haas
Assistant Principal: Mr. Reilly
Assistant Principal: Mrs. Insua
Canonical Administrator: Fr. Tim LaBo
Superintendent: Mr. Fortier