WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE 2015
BY: JOHN MCcULLOUGH
TOP 3 COMPANIES THAT MARKETED THE BEST
- Apple has shifted from trying to make the best version of something, to trying to make the best version of everything. From phones, Watches, TVs, home automation, and maybe even cars are on the horizon, they are attempting to make a more seamless kind of life.
2. Tesla is creatively using marketing to upend the auto industry business model:
- There are no Tesla dealers
- There are no commissioned sales people
- Tesla cars are marketed and not aggressively sold
- Tesla transactions are conducted online
- The price is the price: no negotiation
- There is no inventory: the Tesla Model S is built to order
- You can’t test drive a Tesla unless you put down a $5,000 deposit
- In many parts of the country, you can’t see or drive the car before you buy even if you place a deposit
- You have to wait in line for months or years to get a car
3. Google has expanded its market from just being the most used search engine, to being the leading innovative companies of today. They released smartphones and tablets, stealing an abundant amount of sales from Apple and Android. Google also became the highest non-utility investor in clean energy with Partnering with numerous clean energy sources to add 842 megawatts of clean energy that will power its own data centers.
BEST PRODUCTS OF 2015
- IPhone 6s
- Xbox One
WORST PRODUCTS OF 2015
- Hover board
- Gun-shaped iPhone case
BEST MOVIES & THEIR MARKETING
- Jurassic World was one of the best movies of 2015 because of how they tapped into an enduring love for the series of the original fan base by connecting Jurassic World to Jurassic Park. That way it just was just as exciting for the new fans.
- Straight outta Compton was also a very distinguished movie of 2015. The way they used Dr. Dre's and Ice Cube's sons as themselves was ingenious. It made the movie seem extremely realistic with how they looked and sounded exactly like them. With the release of their trailer, it made social media explode with the "Straight Outta Somewhere" meme that went viral with nearly 6 million personalized labels being shared on the Internet.
THE BEST MUSIC ARTISTS OF 2015
- Drake kicked 2015 off early with the release of the mixtape If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late unannounced on iTunes. The project received positive reviews and debuted at number one on the US Billboard. Drake also capitalized on the Meek Mill v. Drake feud by destroying Meek in two back to back diss tracks. With taking the W in the feud, social media jumped on Drake's bandwagon making him the most talked about rapper to this day.
- Fetty Wap hit the jackpot in 2015 with being discovered after trying out his new style of singing. The reason his career exploded so fast is because his style is melodic, catchy, and most importantly, it's different. Releasing Trap Queen, that has over 80 million plays on SoundCloud, established himself as one of the most talented songwriters in the past year; by creating undeniably catchy hooks in all his songs.
NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS
Family and Friends- Be more appreciative of them and polite towards them
School and the Other World- Finish all my schoolwork before the due date and receive all A's