Tech In Ten
Tools and Resources for our K-12 Teachers and Staff
Dana Walker and Lisa Rock have created a transition website which will be shared with you shortly. This site will include FAQs, videos and quick guides and should help everyone prepare for the switch.
On April 30th, district secretarial and support staff will receive overview training at the admin building. There will be a morning session and afternoon session run by Lisa and Dana.
Chrome Version 42
- Plug-ins/extensions for Chrome using NPAPI format are disabled and this includes Java, Silverlight, and Safari Montage plug-ins.
- Please try using Firefox for these applications as well as Gradebook if you have trouble launching them.
- You may also notice a red X through the lock icon and a red line through the https in the URL window when using Outlook Web App. This is due to a change in the encryption that Google wants to see on websites now. The Outlook Web App site is fine to use despite this notice and can still be used on Chrome. Since we are converting to Gmail shortly we won't be addressing this.
Additionally for those of you using Chromebooks, when the version 42 update downloads, the desktop will look a little different. The start button on the bottom left, or what we have referred to as the "waffle", will now look like a search icon but it will function the same. Clicking on it will open another window where you can launch your apps.
No More Windows XP
SCEP will appear on the Windows taskbar as a green icon.
Canon I-Queue Printing Update
The new copier deployment has started !
- All small Canon copiers have been deployed to each building as of 4/21.
- The larger Canon copiers are starting to be installed as of today and will be completed by mid-week next week.
- If you have a Windows computer and don't see the I-Queue print queue, restart your computer and it should appear.
- If you have a Mac computer, the new print queue is installed differently. If you don't see the I-Queue driver then contact your local tech.
For further directions on the new Canon print queue click here.
Software will be deployed to all Windows computers that will run in the background to keep common applications up-to-date.
If you have a Mac, you will be prompted periodically to install available updates. You can also check for updates by running Managed Software Update in the Utilities folder. If it's not on your Mac, let your local tech know so that they can install it for you.
How To Contact Us
We are available to come to your school or classroom.
Visit our technology website, Bits & Bytes.
We'd love to hear how you are using technology in your classroom.