The Blanchette Bulletin
Learn it, Love it, Live it at Lovin Elementary
January 8, 2014
I hope everyone had an enjoyable winter break, especially with getting one extra day! :-)
Can you believe the 100th day of school is rapidly approaching?! I have been looking so forward to 2014... I know this will be the best year ever! At the beginning of every year, I try to set aside a few moments to reflect on the past 12 months and all we have to celebrate. I wanted to share just a few of these reasons with you.
In 2013, Lovin Elementary:
- Was named a REWARD school for High Performance
- Received the GOLD Shape Award for Health and Fitness from Governor Nathan Deal
- Received a score of 100 on Food Establishment Health and Fire Inspections
- Opened the doors of our Kindle Cafe'
- Posted a piece of every student's art work in our hallways
- Received a $1,000 grant for our sensory rooms from Walmart
- Started a Facebook page (Be sure to "Like" Lovin Elementary School!)
- Became a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) school
I realize there are many more reasons to celebrate, and I look forward to including these in future Blanchette Bulletins.
In addition (and so you don't miss a thing!), I want to list all the ways we are working to improve communication with you.
- Our website, updated each day (Bookmark www.LovinES.org/home.html)
- Our Facebook page ("Like" Lovin Elementary School)
- The Blanchette Bulletin
- Parent Portal
- Student Portal
- Remind101 text messages (see below)
- Phone calls
- Positive postcards
- Progress reports
Our hopes in communicating is so many ways is that we reach everyone.
Thanks for your support!
Coins for Kindles
In lieu of PTA's annual fall fundraiser, PTA has decided to raise money in a different (and hopefully easier) way this year.
If you've been to Lovin recently, you may have noticed a "wishing well" in our atrium. This is where students, teachers, and parents can drop their spare change whenever they come to school. Because students have "wished" for more Kindles, this money will go toward purchasing more of them for our Kindle Cafe'.
I think the pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters will add up in no time - and our students will get their wish!
Thank you so much for your support.
Mark Your Calendars!
- Jan. 15 is the day we start the school's annual cookie dough fundraiser! We make a great profit from selling cookie dough and the kids love it! There will be lots of special prizes (including the now famous limo ride with me), so stay tuned......
- Jan. 17 is the 100th day of school...can you believe it? This is also the last day to turn in Science Fair projects.
- Jan. 20 is a student and teacher holiday. School will be closed in honor of Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday.
- Jan. 23 is our HUGE fun and exciting Instructional Fair starting at 6:00 PM! This is our opportunity to showcase all of our learning - including this year's Science Fair projects!
- Jan. 29 is the last day to turn in cookie dough orders. Thanks for your support!