Hopkins Art Room News
- This Italian Renaissance artist was born in 1452 in Anchiano, Florence.
- Studied the human body, sculpture, and mechanical arts.
- Several of his sketch books are on display in the Vatican in Rome. They are noted for being written backward and require a mirror to be read.
- After painting for five years under the Medici Family, moved to France to work under King Francis 1 in 1516.
- Created such works as:
- Study of Proportions (Virtuvius Man)
- The Last Supper
- Mona Lisa
- Sketch for a flying machine
- Died in 1519 in Cloux, France
What are we doing??????
1st Grade- Students are working on create patterns using lines and shapes. They are then using filling their patterns in focusing on positive and negative space.
2nd Grade- Finished making their night sky using values. They learned how to combine lines to make a tree and mixed tints of their choice of color to add leaves. We are currently looking at the "Starry Night" created by Vincent VanGogh and creating a similar sky.
3rd Grade- Students completed a gem using tints and shades to give the appearance of dimension. We are beginning a new lesson on George Rodrigue that will continue or understanding of values.
4th Grade- Students are applying lines, patterns, values and the illusion of space to create an Optical Illusion.
5th Grade- Students have used IPads to create an Avatar to look like themselves. Using a grid like the artist Chuck Close, students are enlarging their Avatar onto cardboard.