The Dolphin Echo
Families: Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Tomorrow is a big day for us--the first day of hybrid classes! I am so excited to see students on campus again very soon. Below, I've included a lot of information about these first few days on site. Please remember the following:
- You must have a completed parent agreement form (the form is found in Illuminate under forms)--we can help you do this over the phone if needed--890-3935
- Each morning, prior to dropping your child off, you must complete the daily screener found on ParentSquare--LINK
- Please drop your child off within their drop-off time in the correct color zone (see images below).
- Students must wear a mask while on site.
- Due to county health guidelines, parents cannot be on campus except on Wednesdays when students are not present. There will be lots of teachers and other staff out ensuring kids are well-supervised!
- If you have questions or concerns, please call the office (890-3935) or email me at email@example.com
School will still be FIVE days a week. If you are hybrid--TWO days will be on-site, THREE through Zoom with additional work on Seesaw or Google Classroom.
If you are staying distance learning, you have classes all five days.
Staggered drop-off and pick up
While it may seem slight, this little stagger will make a big difference for us (think of the ramp metering light when you get on the freeway--just a little separation can have a big effect)!
Drop Off/Pick Up location based off location of the classroom
- Students in green group will be dropped off and picked up at the gate in the BACK of the school on New York Drive.
- Students in the purple group will be dropped off and picked up at the front of the school through the kinder playground gate.
- Students in the blue group will be dropped off and picked up at the front of the school through the main entrance near the school office.
- Students in the red group will be dropped off and picked up at the front of the school at the far end of the parking lot (large gate between the MPR and portables).
- All students that ride the bus will be dropped off at the front of the school at the bus drop-off zone then they will follow their color group line to their classroom.
Colored pathways to ensure social distancing
Students will be assigned a color based on classroom location.
All sitting areas have been marked with six foot distances
All students will receive color-zone mask lanyards
No before school recess
Pack a reusable water bottle--no water fountains but sinks in classrooms for refill
Helpful videos for you and your students
How to access the parent agreement form (English)
All students will receive breakfast at school and a one-day lunch on their in-person day April 1 or April 2
*Starting the week of April 5th, students will receive meal bundles.
Bundles include 7 days of lunch, 7 days of supper, and 5 days of breakfast for on-campus learners
Bundles include 7 days of lunch, 7 days of supper, and 7 days of breakfast for distance learners or younger children.
- All students who attend school on Wednesday will automatically be put into a school raffle and winners will be randomly chosen. Winners at each grade level will be announced on Fridays and students can come to pick out a toy of their choosing.
- All students with perfect attendance for a month will be put in a BIG raffle--again, winners are randomly chosen to receive a bigger prize. For March, we will be giving out filled Easter baskets. We will continue to do a big monthly prize each month going forward!
Resources for Parents
Starting April--parents can only be on campus on Wednesdays
When you are on campus
As we welcome families/students to campus for our various material distribution, we'd like to remind you of a few health and safety protocols.
1. Please stay home if you or your student:
- exhibit COVID-19 symptoms (i.e. fever of 100.4°F or higher, cough, shortness of breath, new loss of taste or smell, etc.)
- tested positive for COVID-19, and are within the 10-day isolation period
- have had close contact (longer than 15 minutes) with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- live or cohabitate with a person who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19
- traveled outside of the state (specifically to high-risk areas) within the past 14 days
2. While on campus, please respect social distancing of 6 feet and wear a mask at all times. We recommend sanitizing your hands prior to and after the event.
This is a good time to remind students how to wear a mask as they will need to wear one at all times while on campus.
Password Hotline: 707-890-3777 If a District Chromebook is not working submit a help ticket through this link or call 707-890-3848
This link will take you to a flyer with numbers for crisis support, local mental health services, and other holtlines.
This link will provide you with the locations and times of all meal distributions.